• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Election Month Thread: COUP falls short, nothing to see here

Now time for Harris to formally resign her Senate seat so the California governor can officially appoint her chosen replacement. Give him 10 days to get set up in his Senate office.

Who else dresses up for Halloween after the age of 12?

There are a lot of adults who dress up and go to parties. Didn't happen in 2020, so people will try to make up for it in 2021.

Now time for Harris to formally resign her Senate seat so the California governor can officially appoint her chosen replacement. Give him 10 days to get set up in his Senate office.

and ten days of seniority in the Senate.

and ten days of seniority in the Senate.

Would give him seniority over one or both Georgia Senators, depending on how fast the GA Sec of State certifies the elections.

How many recounts in GA for the runoffs. Over/under 1.5?

Would give him seniority over one or both Georgia Senators, depending on how fast the GA Sec of State certifies the elections.

How many recounts in GA for the runoffs. Over/under 1.5?

Under. Both are outside the margin allowing recounts.

Not posting the video directly because its violence/shooting, but this reddit thread with embedded video is the clearest view of the woman getting shot.

https://old.reddit.com/r/PublicFrea...est_view_of_a_terrorist_attempting_to_breach/

Looks like the area was the area in which the politicians were gathering/being evacuated from, which included VP and VP-elect. Unknown who was in the room directly behind the agent that fired the shot. The doors were barricaded with some smashed glass, a large crowd was on the other side, the woman attempts to hop through the smashed glass and enter the corridor, as she does the office fires a single shot. The crowd begins to freak out like they couldn't understand why someone just got shot. What is ridiculous is there is a significant amount of police within the large crowd, with long guns, not doing anything.

Schumer calls on Pence and Cabinet to invoke 25th today. if not, then to impeach and convict.

One of a million impossibly dumb elements to this that I can't wrap my head around is that Trump built the entire "The election is rigged!" narrative in 2016...and then he won. Now, somehow it's unfathomable that a %1 shift happened in swing states over the course of his horrendous reign ON TOP of drastically increased voter turnout.

Trump has now lost the most scrutinized, validated and cross examined mass democratic election in the history of mass democratic elections anywhere in the world. And that's still not enough for some idiots, apparently 100+ of which have been elected to congress.

Last edited:
Schumer calls on Pence and Cabinet to invoke 25th today. if not, then to impeach and convict.

I would be surprised if there were any, let alone a majority, of cabinet members willing to invoke the 25th amendment.

Also, lawyers need to weigh in on who would be in charge until Congress votes following a three letter series:

VP: president is disabled
Pres: No, I'm not.
VP: Yes, you still are.

Congress has some days to (assemble if not in session and) vote on the disability.

Invocation of the disability section of the 25th amendment is as much of a pipe dream as impeachment at this time.

This Summer, Trump said anyone who desecrates federal property should get ten years in prison. I wonder if he will support all those people going to jail. Hell, he should be with them for conspiracy.

While it would be deserved, the 25th amendment will not be invoked and Trump will not be impeached.

With that said, there will be more resignations in the administrations, and details will continue to leak about what a complete nut-job Trump is (realizing its hard to fathom anything worse that what is already known). FWIW, after the election, stories will continue to come out about how those that were close Trump stayed in the administration to limit the damage that Trump was doing.

Biden will be President in less than two weeks. The focus is going to shift away from political sideshows and to the transition.

One of a million impossibly dumb elements to this that I can't wrap my head around is that Trump built the entire "The election is rigged!" narrative in 2016...and then he won. Now, somehow it's unfathomable that a %1 shift happened in swing states over the course of his horrendous reign ON TOP of drastically increased voter turnout.

Trump has now lost the most scrutinized, validated and cross examined mass democratic election in the history of mass democratic elections anywhere in the world. And that's still not enough for some idiots, apparently 100+ of which have been elected to congress.

One HUGE problem with what you are saying - it involves logic. And being grounded in reality. Most of Trump's base only consumes "news" that has been telling them that there is all this evidence of machines flipping votes, ballots being discarded, fake ballots being counted, dead people voting, yada yada yada. They generally believe all of it. And now all they are hearing is that it was actually antifa that stormed the capitol. I don't know if it is right to call these people"nuts" but they are clearly living in a different "reality". And it is not so much that they are being duped; they are actively seeking it out. Look at what happened with FoxNews and the election results. Suddenly FoxNews wasn't given these people 100% disinformation, so they went to places like OAN and Newsmax that would.

Last edited:
Back