• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

If Shaka wants 3.5m, pay the man his money! An extra .5m will be worth it in the end.

+1 Getting Shaka out of VCU alone would be huge boost to Wellman's credibility after the last hire.

My first proclamation as winnar is that Biff may recommence posting gifs

55c745ede57b58100338e8dfc19c9eaa.gif

But seriously if that is true (huge longshot) it could be anything. Base salary vs incentives, etc. Doesn't just mean he thinks it's too little.

+1 Getting Shaka out of VCU alone would be huge boost to Wellman's credibility after the last hire.

It would be Wellman's crowning achievement. Regardless of the success Shaka had in the future, Wellman would have landed THE top coaching prospect to Wake Forest when several other schools had called and been rejected.

Da fuq? $3mm isn't enough? Top 6 salary in the nation in the ACC. Hmmmm, sounds dubious. But perhaps they are working on a house allowance in Buena Shocka and that Biscuitville deal??

I'd assume it's less about salary and more about buy-out if he were targeted by a blueblood, recruiting budget, and incentives.

But seriously if that is true (huge longshot) it could be anything. Base salary vs incentives, etc. Doesn't just mean he thinks it's too little.

Exactly. Could be about bonuses, assistant coaches salaries, buyouts etc.

So are we believing this former BBall manager?

I'm not sure what it means, but Moonz of all people getting the 10,000th post is a sign

Back