• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

I agree. To be honest I don't see much difference between Miller and Mike White.

I do. Archie has actually coached and recruited at schools that made the NCAA tournament, and even won a tournament game or three.

White Mike has never been on the court at an NCAA tournament game. Well, maybe he did get to sit courtside a time or two because his DADDY set it up.

Biff Tannen

Hell, I'd do it for free. Just let me get a shoe contract. Parlay the whole thing into a sweet announcer gig in four years. Doesn't matter how awful I am. I know Ron will give me at least four years.

Video of Ron and Shaka making the rounds

rejection.gif

There's no way Wellman has ONLY talked to Shaka, and that now he's talking to his 2nd overall choice, 10 days post-Bz.

I do. Archie has actually coached and recruited at schools that made the NCAA tournament, and even won a tournament game or three.

White Mike has never been on the court at an NCAA tournament game. Well, maybe he did get to sit courtside a time or two because his DADDY set it up.

Well he was the starting PG on three NCAA tournament Ole Miss teams. OOOOOOOPPPPSS DARN THOSE FACTS

We all knew what was going to happen. Ron was going to really go for it this time and inevitably strike out on Shaka. Meanwhile, plans B-F fell off the table and Wake hires [Redacted] 2.0.

He went after a guy we all agreed was kind of a long-shot in the first place, but we wanted him to do it. No other good candidates have been lost as of yet (unless you consider Amaker one, which I don't really).

I'm not saying I trust Wellman after Bzz, but I'm not panicking yet. If stories come out about a string of fallback guys turning us down, then I'll panic.

He needs to close a deal in the next two days. Go hard after Miller/Marshall, and if they waffle, just hire Howland and be done with it. If all that falls through, snag Manning (I'd prefer) or Mack and at least we can move forward positively.

Back