• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

It's not really out of the realm to believe that Wellman is not in fact leading this hiring process. He is on the road a ton due to his NCAAT chairman responsibilities and from various "insider" reports, we know that the BOT has been "called to arms" so to speak. I'm sure Ron's still involved to an extensive degree, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's not steering the ship. He may be chief mate in this instance, or whatever it is called on a sea vessel.

If you believe in symmetry...Buzz being fired came right before the Wake Will launch event in Atlanta. The next Wake Will launch event is tomorrow (Wed) in Washington, DC. Expect some news soon?

Either way...President Hatch will be in DC tomorrow for the event along with a lot of other senior adminstration. Rumors that Coach Clawson will be also be making an appearance.

If you believe in symmetry...Buzz being fired came right before the Wake Will launch event in Atlanta. The next Wake Will launch event is tomorrow (Wed) in Washington, DC. Expect some news soon?

Either way...President Hatch will be in DC tomorrow for the event along with a lot of other senior adminstration. Rumors that Coach Clawson will be also be making an appearance.

This is the perfect post to have us all refresh this thread for the next 30 hours. Well done, sir.

What about John Becker at Vermont? I mean, if expectations have been lowered to where we're considering Manning he might...I don't know. The "swing for the fences" line seems like a cruel joke now.

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 1m
Florida Gulf Coast coach Joe Dooley, a former KU assistant, has also emerged as a legit candidate at Boston College, sources told ESPN.

Calipari is thinking about going to the NBA according to sources. Marshall and Smart would be leading candidates. That means Wake has to wait until UK makes its move.

The optimist in me says:
Awesome -- Shaka hasn't officially said "no" which means he's thinking about it, Marshall & Howland are still in play, we're in the ACC, we can pay $2.5MM+, and there's no better job available. We are definitely going to get a better coach than Danny Manning. Time to drink!!

The pessimist says:
Shaka and other top tier candidates aren't saying "no" because they don't need to dignify our job with a respone. We're not who we were 5 years ago. Ron Wellman isn't trusted, he's low balling everyone, our BoT would rather lose graciously than strive for a winner (e.g. Howland). Time to drink.

Anyone think Kevin Stallings might be a viable candidate? Comparable school to Wake in the SEC, a couple of down years after a good run of success. Is he on the hot seat there in Nashville? I'm sure we have some Nashville based posters who could speak to the media scrutiny. Perhaps a change of scenery would be good for him?

Plus didn't Don Flow's plane go to Nashville before heading to Palm Beach on Friday? Hennnnnggggghhhhhh?!

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 1m
Florida Gulf Coast coach Joe Dooley, a former KU assistant, has also emerged as a legit candidate at Boston College, sources told ESPN.

Now that's how you swing for the fences. Congrats Boston.

What about John Becker at Vermont? I mean, if expectations have been lowered to where we're considering Manning he might...I don't know. The "swing for the fences" line seems like a cruel joke now.

This is the post of a man who needs to go lose himself in a carton of Tofutti and step away from all this coaching search madness.

Back