• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

Kenny Beck ‏@kennybeckWXII 2m
WFU spokesman says no announcement about head basketball coaching vacancy tonight. Adds its impossible to deny Danny Manning in town.

He's been spotted.

BkPhbGiIEAMfF4K.jpg

Kenny Beck ‏@kennybeckWXII 1m
Asked if he believed a hire was imminent, WFU's Steve Shutt paused, and said "I don't know. I'm not sure where we're at."

LOL, what a clown shoe operation.

There's ya boy DV.

Kenny Beck ‏@kennybeckWXII 1m
Asked if he believed a hire was imminent, WFU's Steve Shutt paused, and said "I don't know. I'm not sure where we're at."

LOL, what a clown shoe operation.

Steve Shutt
1657313.jpeg

Hometown:
Wyckoff, N.J.

Position:
Associate AD/Media Relations
Experience:
7th Season

Alma Mater:
Bowling Green, 1980

Are you kidding me?

Has anyone bothered to check the twitter accts of Tulsa players to see if any meetings with Coach Manning were leaked?

I guess it's entirely conceivable that since we've moved on to DM as our primary target, that we are flying him in for a long series of interviews and a close up look at facilities and such before he makes his decision. Seems odd though that so much has leaked through the press. Can't imagine that RW is real happy with this scenario and how it's unfolding.

Why I think it's gotta be mere formalities at this point. TICK TOCK

So what if Manning already said no per Skins message and RW & co asked him to stay the night to think/reconsider before leaking it tomorrow to avoid an uncomfortable situation at the event tonight?

For all the talk about how "air tight" the coaching search has been. It is pretty odd all this is leaking about Manning, the offer, the visit, offer-counter-offer. Shit, we didn't hear any of this about any of the Tier 1-3 candidates. All we've heard anything about is Mack and Manning. Wonderful.

Well well well. If manning turns us down I'm gonna grab some popcorn and JD and enjoy this shitstorm that comes from the ADs office. It would be bad for our program yes but for the first time in 4 years I would have something to smile and laugh about

Have we considered the option of no coach? That could be innovative. Just don't have a coach. Better than [Redacted] for sure. Arguably less embarrassing than this.

Some of us have been ranting about Ohio's hostile takeover of our Athletic Department for years now, Ph!

Back