• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

we should definitely hire ph

private school background - check
can connect with black athletes - check
undefeated record - check

there may be a personality conflict with wellman though. there can't be two smartest guys in the room.

We can afford his prof salary - check

I'd say if USF found something in his background that made them skittish, he's even further out of play for the Wake Forest job than he ever has been before.

Yeah that's true, not sure he was ever really in play. Sucks for him though, seems like a pretty easy guy to cheer for.

How the hell did Ph get through the background check on the first place? That Butthead is dangerous.

Brett McMurphy of ESPN reporting was that Masiello never actually graduated from Kentucky, as listed on his resume. Pretty sure we aren't hiring a head coach without a college degree.

Maybe he could do some remedial online work at St Paul's College like that Butthead Sidney Lowe did.

Brett McMurphy of ESPN reporting was that Masiello never actually graduated from Kentucky, as listed on his resume. Pretty sure we aren't hiring a head coach without a college degree.

George O'Leary called and wants his shtick back

That'd really suck for him if a credit or two at Kentucky cost him millions.

At least Marquette has a President now.

Governor Walker ‏@GovWalker 26m
Congratulations to Mike Lovell as Marquette University’s new president!

If we're offering Shaka $2.5 million and he says no then we don't want him anyway. Too stupid.

J3gYApfUsaQ.jpg

Had to put on the WF bow tie this morning. I have a good feeling about today.

I do think we can't underestimate what coaches in the big east are hearing / feeling. The fox sports contract for big east hoops has to be a liability. When is the last time you chose the fox sports highlight show over sports center? It doesn't matter if the money for fox sports was better than espn for big east hoops. Recruiting wise not being on espn is a massive hurdle. The power is going to the super five conferences and if middle school and high school kids watching sports center see acc and big ten highlights how the hell can a Marquette or Villanova claim to be in as good of a spot as an acc team.

I don't think buzz williams is a complete idiot and I think there is a reason why ron is playing it tight here.

Not only that but the money for the new ACC-ESPN deal is significantly more than the Big East-Fox Sports deal. Like $20 million to $5 million annually per school.

Back