• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

I never post on these boards...but what I am hearing from my pretty reliable sources is that (a) don't expect an imminent answer and (b) Shaka is definitely not our sole focus right now although he is clearly our #1 target. We are still in hot pursuit but "not myopic" in our focus...

It's sounding like we're making a pretty strong run at Marshall, too.

I'd be surprised at a weekend announcement. As far as how close we are, I've heard nothing concrete since the leak that we offered Shaka. Everyone is being tight lipped. As the Marquette writer posted earlier today, very few people are going to stick their neck out unless they can verify from 3 or more sources. The only thing people can agree on is that we offered. I'm still cautiously confident.

Hmmm. This is great in theory but IF an agreement is ever reached or an offer accepted it will be hard for both Shaka and Wake to sit on it. ( Aka I want to enjoy basketball this weekend not continue to overanalyze every tidbit. However, I do want every bit of news. )

MAKE IT HAPPEN

Also - once we have an agreement expect a pretty immediate announcement as the ath DEPT definitely wants to take advantage of the huge amount of publicity we'll get if the NCAA tourney is live and the announcers will certainly be talking about it...it may not happen soon enough and may need to happen between this weekend and the Final Four but it should get a lot of national play during Final 4 weekend

EDUCATED GUESS OF WHAT THE MEETING LOOKED LIKE:

YGext94.png

Why is Shaka wearing pearls?

The students at VCU know what's about to become the hottest fashion styles. They know what's in the next issue of GQ. Shaka is just taking the advice of the community college educated kids.

Cause the local scribe today said hiring him would be a line drive off the wall.

Apparently someone didn't get the memo he is a rock star.

SHAKA

Back