• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

I remember Babydeac saying that Wake began its search a while before bzzz "retired", sending out feelers along back channels. If what you're saying is true, that strategy didn't do us much good. We've gone after Shaks but have no idea whether he's interested. Howland is still out there, as before. Nothing else solid. Frustrating.

I love how VT did it.

If you have a clear #1 target you work on that individual's timeline and hope for the best. Period.

I am starting to lose faith in Shaka. I am ok with that because I think we will still end up with a great coach (I am hoping for Marshall) but I would think if he were coming here something would have leaked.

I remember Babydeac saying that Wake began its search a while before bzzz "retired", sending out feelers along back channels. If what you're saying is true, that strategy didn't do us much good. We've gone after Shaks but have no idea whether he's interested. Howlands is still out there, as before. Nothing else solid. Frustrating. I love how VT did it.

This really isn't accurate. They started well before Bzz "retired" and had a sense of who would be interested in talking to them. He's told you there's an offer on the table someone is considering. That same candidate turned down another school already. He's told you another candidate wants the job. That pre-work avoided us having to wait to find candidates who would have an interest.

Of course it doesn't sound bad to you. The last time you had an opening for a date was early first semester of your freshman year.

I laughed and told Sally what you said. Sal says hello, and says to remind you that actually I haven't had a date (to her knowledge) since early my sophomore year.

@GoodmanESPN: Duke assistant Steve Wojciechowski is a legit candidate at Marquette, sources confirmed to ESPN. First reported by @WojYahooNBA.

Yeah, maybe we have no idea whether he's interested, but I'm sure Wellman and others have a pretty good indication of interest. We have no idea whether or not that strategy was successful or not.

Maybe so. I sure hope RW has a better handle on this than we do!

Maybe Wojo doesn't want to wait another 5 years and K told him to go for it....interesting.

Depressing if Amaker was our real first choice, but in light of our Culture Club ways, and Amaker's experience at various institutions, I can understand our interest. But Tommy has never struck me as a real charismatic guy, which is a quality possessed by Shaka and one of main reasons we are so enamored of Coach Smart.

Of course it doesn't sound bad to you. The last time you had an opening for a date was early first semester of your freshman year.

Hey LK... You gonna ban him yet? You warned him.. He continues to be a distraction.

Depressing if Amaker was our real first choice, but in light of our Culture Club ways, and Amaker's experience at various institutions, I can understand our interest. But Tommy has never struck me as a real charismatic guy, which is a quality possessed by Shaka and one of main reasons we are so enamored of Coach Smart.

I think it is ridiculously clear that Amaker was not our first choice. We had an interest in him. We have an interest in lots of candidates.

Wellman sitting smug and confident thinking I know but I will not tell you muthers!

Looks more like Wellman is exhausted and watching two great basketball teams thinking to himself what the fuck did I do to my basketball program and how the fuck am I going to undo it.

Back