• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

I just spoke to someone who's fam is about as close to the program as you can get. They said all sources are mum. Crazy.

Maybe Ron hasn't even lifted a phone yet. Deer in headlights. Will start a search "if he has to" when people start asking questions in May.

Well he was the starting PG on three NCAA tournament Ole Miss teams. OOOOOOOPPPPSS DARN THOSE FACTS

Haha, I meant as a coach. I forgot that he was a DONK point guard back in the day. His play probably made Archie Miller look athletic.

tumblr_mgavknv5VB1qe5ugfo2_500.gif

I though Nina Bzdelick hated The Dash yet she was here for 4 years ...or did she just grow to hate it because of the toxic b-ball atmosphere?

Hard to believe Shaka would turn us down primarily because of his wife....esp for the moolah being tossed at him.

"Quote Originally Posted by dubs21 View Post
We need to sweeten the offer for his wife, get her that professorship, a nice spread in Buena Vista"

Sounds familiar....like for the past two years. If this is what kills the offer, Wellman needs to be fired. It was very common knowledge.

Having a Bojangles two miles from campus has got to be a strong selling point here. The closest Bojangles to VCU is almost eight miles away.

I though Nina Bzdelick hated The Dash yet she was here for 4 years ...or did she just grow to hate it because of the toxic b-ball atmosphere?

Hard to believe Shaka would turn us down primarily because of his wife....esp for the moolah being tossed at him.

"Originally Posted by Liquid Karma View Post
If Smart declines, and we don't immediately sign Howland, I will start to go into panic mode. I have this sinking feeling that Miller isn't going to be interested in our job."

If we sign Howland it's throwing our hands in the air. He is absolutely damaged goods.

"Quote Originally Posted by dubs21 View Post
We need to sweeten the offer for his wife, get her that professorship, a nice spread in Buena Vista"

Sounds familiar....like for the past two years. If this is what kills the offer, Wellman needs to be fired. It was very common knowledge.

What was common knowledge? What indication is there that she wants a "professorship"? She isn't in academia currently, correct?
As for the spread, we would be paying them millions, they can buy a house with that. One that they choose.

Back