• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

Go from a salary of $450,000 to over $1 million in 2 years on the basis of making the NCAA tournament. If White had won that game I wonder if he'd be the man. I doubt it. Think Ron felt he needed a name hire, not that Manning is much of a name.

Go from a salary of $450,000 to over $1 million in 2 years on the basis of making the NCAA tournament. If White had won that game I wonder if he'd be the man. I doubt it. Think Ron felt he needed a name hire, not that Manning is much of a name.

Disagree. If you haven't learned the legend of "Danny and the Miracles" by the time you're 5 years old, nowadays, that means your parents are abject failures.

I don't disagree and it may be a case of methods more than reasons, but why doesn't Dino have another job? Is it simply because he was still under contract with us?

Beats me. My own personal take on it is that his best friend died, and he tried his level best to fill in and it still wasn't good enough. He may have needed some time to let the whirlwind that was his life for a 3 year period settle down.

What do folks think we've offered Manning- the same as Bz was making, around $1.4 million? If so, it looks like Tulsa is not that far off with their offer. Would not surprise me if he stays. Can keep bringing in the JuCos and will not have to deal with Wake academic standards. If he's asking Tulsa to lessen their standards because he thinks they're making recruiting difficult, imagine how he's gonna view the academic situation at Wake.

Like what?

It's not my place to say. Let's just say it was a big mess. I've heard some really, really bad things from people deeply connected with the program. It hasn't made it into the press, but it was bad. Bad.

Wrong type of name. Manning is a name OWGs like Ron know. We needed a big name coach.

Wrong.

I'm tired of you ignorant Millennials coming on this thread, saying you don't know who Danny Manning is, and therefore displaying your outright ignorance about college and pro basketball, and then telling everyone who the next coach at Wake Forest should be. You are ignorant. Not only do you have no context or history regarding Danny Manning or the the NCAA tournament, you didn't watch much Kansas basketball over the six years he was an assistant coach there, because every time they show a KU game, the announcers talk about Danny Manning.

I also think some of you are lying when you say you don't know who Danny Manning is.

What about Mookie Blaylock? Have you heard of him? They played in the same NCAA championship game. Blaylock had a slightly less celebrated NBA and college career over the same time period. And they played on the same Hawks team. If you haven't heard of Mookie Blaylock and Danny Manning and say you're a basketball fan, you are an ignoramus.

What do folks think we've offered Manning- the same as Bz was making, around $1.4 million? If so, it looks like Tulsa is not that far off with their offer. Would not surprise me if he stays. Can keep bringing in the JuCos and will not have to deal with Wake academic standards. If he's asking Tulsa to lessen their standards because he thinks they're making recruiting difficult, imagine how he's gonna view the academic situation at Wake.

Interesting scenario. Again who would be next on the Hatch/ Wellman list ? I don't know if we'll like the answer at all.

It's not my place to say. Let's just say it was a big mess. I've heard some really, really bad things from people deeply connected with the program. It hasn't made it into the press, but it was bad. Bad.

PM please.

Back