• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

First, fuck the PM weirdos. Worse than gossiping middle-schoolers. I applaud Palma's anti-PM stand!

Second, if 1/4 of that PM info is true, even you catastrophists better be praying Manning accepts our offer. No one here wants to know what's below his name on Wellman's list. No one.

Considering there has been no logic to this search, I'd be willing to roll the dice.

Why does anyone here care what Manning makes? I KNOW no one here is paying that bill. I've seen how you people fundraise. (POOR-ly, har har har)

Fwiw I heard we jumped from shaka to manning fairly fast. I don't know if we can necessarily assume archie and anyone else turned us down.

Shaka was a definitive no and actually gave the no answer on Monday, and I think jay wright was a wish list candidate but nothing going there.

But it's possible (from what I am hearing) that manning was probably closer to 3 on the list than 6.

lol

Yeah, if we could just get a straight answer out of Smart, we'd be able to announce him as our new coach or move on to our serious Plan B. :rulz:

Also breaking news we will still suck tomorrow. Also we will suck after we hire manning or after he turns us down. Might as well make our suck useful. Wellman out.

Fuck this shit. Our AD needs to quit leaking bullshit talking points, quit lying and catch a case of accountability.

It's really not that hard to admit that you made a mistake.

The next time RW does that will be the first time.....

I need to aggregate the PMs and I mean now dammit Buttheads.

Maybe it's cause I'm old now and can't rage the way I used to, but Christ, some of you all need to fucking get over it. Wellman's a chump. This is well-established. He's not hiring Howland or Marshall when he should - agreed. Manning's resume is paper-thin which is scary - sure.

But try, just for a moment, to be pragmatic about this. Given the constraints of the hire - some self-imposed, yes - Manning and "meh" looks pretty good compared to where we could be. Again, it can always get worse.

Flame away, young ragers, and know I'm drinking with you in spirit even as I shake my old man head in bemusement at you.

Maybe it's cause I'm old now and can't rage the way I used to, but Christ, some of you all need to fucking get over it. Wellman's a chump. This is well-established. He's not hiring Howland or Marshall when he should - agreed. Manning's resume is paper-thin which is scary - sure.

But try, just for a moment, to be pragmatic about this. Given the constraints of the hire - some self-imposed, yes - Manning and "meh" looks pretty good compared to where we could be. Again, it can always get worse.

Flame away, young ragers, and know I'm drinking with you in spirit even as I shake my old man head in bemusement at you.

I'm fine with this.

So just this info

First off like 10 people on the boards are pming this shit and im negrepping each of you

Dv7
Say hey
94deac
Wvudeac
Iappreciateit

And others.. There are others. In my life i have accumulated a certain set of skills. A set of skills very dangerous to people like you.

So we went balls to the wall shaka, but eventually he turned us down. Had all of the alums call, wine and dine. Ultimately he liked vcu

Mike white said he wasnt ready and needed more time. Archie miller turned us down. Mack and howland never considered for cultute.

Rest of list was manning and wojo

And our "highly respected people we consult with" was of course gdo

Discuss things freely, bitches. Pm my ass
Thanks palma, god damn this board has turned into a fucking joke.

Off to eat my #BurgerKing #Whopper while drinking my new #Miller #Fortune.

So just this info

First off like 10 people on the boards are pming this shit and im negrepping each of you

Dv7
Say hey
94deac
Wvudeac
Iappreciateit

And others.. There are others. In my life i have accumulated a certain set of skills. A set of skills very dangerous to people like you.

So we went balls to the wall shaka, but eventually he turned us down. Had all of the alums call, wine and dine. Ultimately he liked vcu

Mike white said he wasnt ready and needed more time. Archie miller turned us down. Mack and howland never considered for cultute.

Rest of list was manning and wojo

And our "highly respected people we consult with" was of course gdo

Discuss things freely, bitches. Pm my ass

anigif_enhanced-buzz-12793-1339789402-1.gif

Back