• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Kenpom vs. rjkarl NCAA Tournament Pick 'Em thread

PhDeac

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
Reaction score
Let's just go ahead and settle this.

The format: This is NOT a bracket contest. Kenpom picks rely on prior tournament games so rjkarl's picks will as well.

rjkarl and someone with a Kenpom account will post their respective picks for each day's games before noon EST. This means if rjkarl or Kenpom make an incorrect pick on Thursday, they just pick the winners of the games to be played on Saturday. Again, this is not a bracket contest. It is a daily pick 'em through 63 games of the NCAA Tournament starting on Thursday.

Each side will receive one point for each correct pick for every round. Most points wins.

The stakes: The loser is confined to a single thread until Selection Sunday 2015.

If rjkarl wins, there will be one Kenpom thread for basketball season and Kenpom talk will be forbidden on all other Sports board threads.
If Kenpom wins, rjkarl will be confined to his Kentucky Derby thread.
If there is a tie, boards' business as usual.

All we need is an official Kenpom representative and for rjkarl to agree to participate and it's game on.

Didn't we try to do this last year? I sort of remember RJ refusing to compete with KenPom rankings a couple of times.

2 things:

#1 - I thought PhDeac had RJ on ignore

#2 - I'm certain that RJ has PhDeac on ignore

#1 - I'm really tired of you all quoting his ridiculous anti-intellectual BS. It's difficult to ignore such ignorance when you all delight in engaging him.

Stakes seem a little lopsided. The kenpom volunteer doesn't get relegated to his own thread? Just kenpom talk in general?

Why would someone get punished for just posting Kenpom's projections?

These stakes make plenty of sense. It's Kenpom vs. rjkarl. Winner continues to have a "voice" on the boards.

Stakes seem a little lopsided. The kenpom volunteer doesn't get relegated to his own thread? Just kenpom talk in general?

I say statheads all put in 25 bucks on KP and #teamrj put 25 on him. Winning side gets their money back plus half of the other side's with the other half going to boards fund.

Waiting on the inevitable "It's amazing how obsessed some of you people are with me." from RJ.

Love the stakes, but no way does rj agree to it. Do it for pride and bragging rights and still see if he agrees.

ETA: Wouldn't rj be at an advantage, knowing KenPom's picks before he has to submit his own?

I say statheads all put in 25 bucks on KP and #teamrj put 25 on him. Winning side gets their money back plus half of the other side's with the other half going to boards fund.

I don't think I wanna be part of #TeamRJ anymore.

Back