• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Kyle Filipowski assaulted a wake fan thread.

Duke stormed the field against Clemson a few months ago. 85 Clemson players still on the field. Are they in the lawsuit?

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
To be fair, the Clemson players probably still had an advantage, as there are generally less than 85 Duke fans at a home football game.

Your legal logic:

If others did it, it’s ok. Not a tort.

If you didn’t intend to injure, it’s ok. Not a tort.
Not making a legal argument. Pointing out Duke hypocrisy.

Duke stormed the field against Clemson a few months ago. 85 Clemson players still on the field. Are they in the lawsuit?

Well that’s because clemson football players are a little tougher than a 7’ tall kitten.

The Scheyer face (as he told Forbes to "fuck off"") should live in infamy.

Especially after Flip heroically comes back to get 5 points and 4 boards against an 8-19 Louisville team on Wednesday.
Is there a video/picture of this?

Reading the Atlantic blurb is making me incensed. Yes, we were favored. No, we didn’t storm because beating Duke is “our Super Bowl.” We stormed because this was our key to the NCAAs. Idiots.

Did Scheyer actually tell Forbes to "fuck off"? I've read that in two different places today.

I am a fan of court storming, but after looking at it more objectively we (the Joel) should have done something to slow the tide. Scheyer admitted post game that down 4 maybe he should have had his team more prepared to exit quickly. They should have the right to still call a play for the last 2 seconds, but then haul ass to the tunnels. IMO, our fans did nothing wrong, Flip just stands there like an ass and then checks a kid and gets swallowed up by the masses. Emotions of the players are very high in the heat of the moment and they want to defend their teammates. It could have turned ugly very quickly. Now, the narrative is the storming and not our fantastic win and the environment.

Our fans should have not been allowed on the floor before the game ended. They could have made a PA announcement (if it could have been heard) or a rope going around the court to remind fans to wait. A small bit of common sense and none of this would have happened.

Your legal logic:

If others did it, it’s ok. Not a tort.

If you didn’t intend to injure, it’s ok. Not a tort.

I can't believe I'm going to engage with this again, but....

Please explain your legal theory if you're Kyle and how it would survive any defenses.

An intentional tort seems out of the question. Negligence would have a contributory negligence defense (because of him forearm shiverring the kid who was 75% past him at that point). You are allowed to run past people and yell at them.

That's not even getting into assumption of risk. He voluntarily decided to play a sport where court rushing has happened over and over and over again, particularly against his university's team. His own teammates seemed aware of this and all left the court promptly. Just compare his reaction to any of the other four Duke players on the court at the time. None of them seemed surprised by what was occurring in a game that was already decided.

So this is apparantly the first time ever a court storming has resulted in a severe debilitating injury to a member of the opposite team

Back