• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Mundy Out OverThePylon In

t7V9KDN.gif

How much of a market?

How often have people asked the following questions?

--What's the real reason Dino was fired?
--Was Jeff [Redacted] the only candidate?
--Did Wellman offer Brad Stevens?
--Is Dino still getting paid by Wake?
--Did Grobe resign on his own or was he pushed out?

There's your market.

Mike Hoag works for EA Sports and is pretty happy doing that. I'll send him a message that PhDeac has requested that he answer the call of duty

Haha. Sounds like he's doing fine.

There's your market.

Yes, no, maybe, I don't know, can you repeat the question?

There's your market.

Uh, how many people are interested in the answers to those questions? Not very many

There's no market

So why start a blog in the first place? What's your point?

Because it's something you care about and you have a day job?

My point is that there's not enough interest to sustain a full time job investigating wake sports for somebody who isn't A) subsidized (like newspaper media) or B) doing it for the love of Wake sports.

Because it's something you care about and you have a day job?

My point is that there's not enough interest to sustain a full time job investigating wake sports for somebody who isn't A) subsidized (like newspaper media) or B) doing it for the love of Wake sports.

That's not what Ph was saying...

Yeah. That's not what I was saying at all.

I've stayed pretty quiet through all of this, but the majority of stuff that has been broken about the coaching search has been through Mundy doing research. He broke the fact that Wellman was interviewing Clawson in Detroit and also verified (and confirmed with media sources) that Wellman was in fact on a plane to Muncie to interview Lembo last week.

I don't agree with some things that Mundy does, but overall he has done a great job promoting Blogger So Dear and has raised it to a more national profile than it had before. The primary reason for less opinions and analysis has been more on the fact that the majority of the people writing have gotten full time jobs that require long hours, rather than Mundy telling us we can't write things. He has never once told me that I could not write something I wanted to because it conflicted with the "party line".

Personally I know I have been put off tremendously by the AD and their lack of desire to win. In addition to graduating and getting a paid job, writing a blog for Wake Forest sports has become an afterthought and more work than it is worth. I enjoy doing the podcast with Cumberland, but the fact I'm not writing articles has everything to do with my personal situation and our unwillingness to strive for better results on the playing field, rather than what Mundy has said to me.

I know a lot of this is in jest from people, but Mundy works extremely hard at what he does and a lot of comments go way over the line from what I would say is acceptable from Wake fans. It's fine to not like him, but calling out his intelligence and ethics is well beyond reasonable behavior from my viewpoint.

Do I agree with his viewpoint on Wake and what we should accept as fans? Absolutely not, but that's ok, and if you want to get mad at anybody for not promoting what the majority of Wake fans think, get mad at me for not writing more articles the past two years when we have been really bad. Not the guy that has worked his ass off to make BSD a better publication nationally than it was before.

Last edited:
but how do you respond to the fact that he smashes ice cream in children's faces, doofus?

Last edited:
I've stayed pretty quiet through all of this, but the majority of stuff that has been broken about the coaching search has been through Mundy doing research. He broke the fact that Wellman was interviewing Clawson in Detroit and also verified (and confirmed with media sources) that Wellman was in fact on a plane to Muncie to interview Lembo last week.

I don't agree with some things that Mundy does, but overall he has done a great job promoting Blogger So Dear and has raised it to a more national profile than it had before. The primary reason for less opinions and analysis has been more on the fact that the majority of the people writing have gotten full time jobs that require long hours, rather than Mundy telling us we can't write things. He has never once told me that I could not write something I wanted to because it conflicted with the "party line".

Personally I know I have been put off tremendously by the AD and their lack of desire to win. In addition to graduating and getting a paid job, writing a blog for Wake Forest sports has become an afterthought and more work than it is worth. I enjoy doing the podcast with Cumberland, but the fact I'm not writing articles has everything to do with my personal situation and our unwillingness to strive for better results on the playing field, rather than what Mundy has said to me.

I know a lot of this is in jest from people, but Mundy works extremely hard at what he does and a lot of comments go way over the line from what I would say is acceptable from Wake fans. It's fine to not like him, but calling out his intelligence and ethics is well beyond reasonable behavior from my viewpoint.

Do I agree with his viewpoint on Wake and what we should accept as fans? Absolutely not, but that's ok, and if you want to get mad at anybody for not promoting what the majority of Wake fans think, get mad at me for not writing more articles the past two years when we have been really bad. Not the guy that has worked his ass off to make BSD a better publication nationally than it was before.

oh Boxer

Mundy just thumbs his nose at what are suppose to be his customers. Do you think anyone but Wake Fans will click and read a blog dedicated to Wake sports? Don't piss off the people you are suppose to cater to. Must have learned well from his puppet master Wellman.

That's the thing. I don't think he sees us as his audience. The old guard were writers for Blogger So Dear. Mundy is a blogger for SBNation.

He's trying to position himself as the top voice of Wake Forest for anybody out there who happens to want to know about Wake Forest. Pretty good timing whether purposeful or not. You'd think that joining a blog for a down athletic program would be a bad thing, but you know what down programs will eventually do? Search for coaches. Everybody cares about a coaching search even if they don't care about the program. If TITS, numbers, or deacfan27 were still doing their thing, you'd see them on top of the story.

What's going to really suck is if Deman gets to that level on 247.

I know a lot of this is in jest from people, but Mundy works extremely hard at what he does and a lot of comments go way over the line from what I would say is acceptable from Wake fans.

So they would be acceptable from people that don't happen to be Wake fans?

What is it with bullshit nonsense like that pretending like Wake fans are somehow morally superior to non-Wake fans? Why the fuck do people rely on that lame crutch when they want to address Wake fans being "mean"?

Oh, and Mundy is a creep star. That dude definitely does freaky ass shit with his kittens. Weirdo.

Back