• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official NFL Wild Card Weekend Thread: We All Like That

Rules guru on ESPN was saying despite that it should've been a penalty for leading with the helmet/spearing

Sounds about right. I was watching at a house party without sound.

I think y'all are underestimating how much of shitty fan base and team the Steelers are.

The game against the Steelers in Charlotte last season was the worst sporting event I've ever been to, and I've been to many blowout panther losses. So many belligerent piece of shit steeler fans looking for fights. Why would you want to fight when your team is winning??

Rules guru on ESPN was saying despite that it should've been a penalty for leading with the helmet/spearing

Everyone on their NFL Live (or some similar show) panel thought so as well

ARTICLE 8. INITIATING CONTACT WITH THE CROWN OF THE HELMET. It is a foul if a runner or tackler initiates forcible contact by delivering a blow with the top/crown of his helmet against an opponent when both players are clearly outside the tackle box (an area extending from tackle to tackle and from three yards beyond the line of scrimmage to the offensive team’s end line). Incidental contact by the helmet of a runner or tackler against an opponent shall not be a foul.

That was not incidental contact. He speared him with his helmet

I thought the Shazier hit pretty clearly should have been flagged. That's the kind of play the NFL needs to get rid of if its serious about player safety (instead of just appearing to be).

Burfict needs to be suspended multiple games. The call against Pacman was weak, since the "coach" was Joey Porter, who instigated the whole thing.

8103d41b0750e86a1e72306030ad67f1.jpg

I really like Cincy +3 over Pittsburgh. I don't give a flip over who the QB is for Cincy... It isn't like Dalton has ever done anything. Biggest wager of the weekend.
I kind of like KC -3 over Houston and Washington +1 over Green Bay... Will wager a little on each.
Seattle -5 looks like a trap to me... I am staying away from that one altogether (small wager on Minnesota money line).

Also took NFC -2 over AFC in the Super Bowl, but that was more of a random, fun thing.

Have had a nice few weeks... Hoping to keep the good vibes going.

We had it all the way, ATS. We had it all the way.

2-0. Minnesota and Green Bay today.

Last edited:
On the bright side, ODB is now off the hook for offseason conversation.
But does Josh Norman try to outdo Burfict and Pacman next weekend?

Looks like Joey Porter will be fined for being on the field. Not surprising from that shitty organization. Between the Steelers, Bengals, and Ravens, that has to be the most detestable division in all of sports. From the organizations to the coaches to the players to the fans, just the dregs of humanity all the way around. It's rare that the Cleveland Browns are the high water mark of anything.

On the bright side, ODB is now off the hook for offseason conversation.
But does Josh Norman try to outdo Burfict and Pacman next weekend?

I guess it's easier to try and continue to pile on Norman than to have to think about your team possibly hiring Mike Smith as your next coach, amirite?

We had it all the way, ATS. We had it all the way.

2-0. Minnesota and Green Bay today.

Couldn't have worked out any better.

I had given up at 15-0. Thought there was a better chance of me hitting the powerball than of the Bengals coming back.

0-7 in playoffs and routinely has a roster full of dumb dumbs, what's the point of keeping him

Marvin isn't going anywhere. Also, Mike Brown makes all the personnel decisions as the owner/ GM. Mike is not the football man that his father was.

The Bengals are also the organization who wouldn't let their DB coach interview for a DC position last year. Granted, the Bengals are not the only team to have done it recently and they were within their rights to not allow the interview but it's still crappy to not allow someone to potentially get a promotion.

Back