• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

Last email I have from Pinebrook is from 2014, so 10 years sounds right.

2014 is correct. I believe the sale was technically closed on in December of '13.

Fun fact: when the Murphy's purchased the club, they did so under the llc name "Maple Plantation".

Glad they reconsidered.

They've made it a wonderful club.

2014 is correct. I believe the sale was technically closed on in December of '13.

Fun fact: when the Murphy's purchased the club, they did so under the llc name "Maple Plantation".

Glad they reconsidered.

They've made it a wonderful club.

You may know this but I was on the board when the prior owner came in and said the club was for sale and named the starting price. I immediately texted Murph's then business partner because I knew they were interested. A few days later they had locked down a 90 day exclusive DD period.

And yes, it was going to be called Maple Plantation until a few people pointed out that name might encounter some negative reactions.

Man was Pinebrook in dire straits before Murph saved it.

I need to get back out there and play. I remember when LK had us all out there for the OGB outing and I nut flushed a 4 iron on #2 thinking it was in and it came up 20 yards short.

A long ass par 3 after a short par 4 starting hole is no way to keep pace of play up.

When we hosted regionals in high school there was a 4 group pileup on the 2nd tee.

I played Pinebrook maybe 3-4 times in the late 2000s. It was a bit of a walk from what I remember, especially in the beginning with some uphill holes. There were some decent holes and stretches. I would love a club like that around me now.

I played Pinebrook maybe 3-4 times in the late 2000s. It was a bit of a walk from what I remember, especially in the beginning with some uphill holes. There were some decent holes and stretches. I would love a club like that around me now.

The hilly side is the back so you might have started on 10.

It's really a great members course. Personally I'm not a huge fan of the changes other than resurfacing the greens, but I get why they did it.

I always felt like the front nine and back nine were different golf courses - or more likely, they ran out of room after they laid out the front.

What else are they doing? I know moving that third green short of the creek I heard? Maybe some bunkering?

The hilly side is the back so you might have started on 10.

It's really a great members course. Personally I'm not a huge fan of the changes other than resurfacing the greens, but I get why they did it.

You ever play with Boyan or Brotherton? I graduated with those guys and noticed on GHIN that they're members out there. We were so stacked in high school. Won states freshman, soph, and junior year then lost senior year by one stroke to Cardinal Gibbons.

You ever play with Boyan or Brotherton? I graduated with those guys and noticed on GHIN that they're members out there. We were so stacked in high school. Won states freshman, soph, and junior year then lost senior year by one stroke to Cardinal Gibbons.

Yes on Boyan and no on Brotherton, although I've played with his pops a few times.

What else are they doing? I know moving that third green short of the creek I heard? Maybe some bunkering?

Lots of fairway bunkering, including 2 centerline bunkers that Ellis Maples would cringe at.

The fairway bunkering is to put more of a premium on driving since the course can be overpowered off the tee fairly easily.

I always felt like the front nine and back nine were different golf courses - or more likely, they ran out of room after they laid out the front.

100%
I usually play well on the front. And atrocious on the back. It's just weird that they feel so different

Lots of fairway bunkering, including 2 centerline bunkers that Ellis Maples would cringe at.

The fairway bunkering is to put more of a premium on driving since the course can be overpowered off the tee fairly easily.
Yeah I mean there are a few thoughtless tee shots. Number 7 I think the main one. Always hated the weird hole on the back, maybe 12 that goes pretty uphill.

A long ass par 3 after a short par 4 starting hole is no way to keep pace of play up.

When we hosted regionals in high school there was a 4 group pileup on the 2nd tee.

I'd say I'm close to 1,000 rounds there and I've gotten backed up on #2 twice.

Honestly, I only remember it happening once.

#15/16, however... those greens should have been nuked a decade ago.

I'd say I'm close to 1,000 rounds there and I've gotten backed up on #2 twice.

Honestly, I only remember it happening once.

#15/16, however... those greens should have been nuked a decade ago.

16 at the club championship a few years ago was an absolute joke. Unplayable pin position Saturday that was essentially the same as the Friday pin that caused a huge problem with the afternoon gangsome. Head pro handled it like an idiot.

There's a course over in Clayton that's kind of popular but starts off with a short par 4, a very gettable par 5, and a 210 yard par 3. I've played there twice and refuse to go back because there's always like 3 or 4 groups stacked up on that par 3 by the time you get there.

There's a course over in Clayton that's kind of popular but starts off with a short par 4, a very gettable par 5, and a 210 yard par 3. I've played there twice and refuse to go back because there's always like 3 or 4 groups stacked up on that par 3 by the time you get there.
Pine Hollow. Plus, you have to take your life into your hands driving across the street (45mph with cars routinely exceeding that speed) to get to the driving range.

Back