• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Russian Election Interference Thread

Feels like we're due for another big story over the next 24 hours.

This will likely fly under the radar given the casual nature of the comment but it's big news.

Trump Changes Tune On Russian Lawyer Meeting: ‘Maybe It Was Mentioned’

President Donald Trump said Wednesday that he may have previously heard about his son and top campaign staff meeting with a Russian lawyer in June 2016, a stunning contradiction of his earlier statements on the matter.

Emails released Tuesday by Donald Trump Jr., ahead of a New York Times story on the same messages, show the President’s son responding enthusiastically to the promise of dirt on Hillary Clinton provided as part of a Russian government effort to aide his father’s campaign.

On Wednesday afternoon, Trump told Reuters that “No. That I didn’t know. Until a couple of days ago, when I heard about this. No I didn’t know about that,” referring to the meeting between Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya and Donald Trump Jr., Jared Kushner and Paul Manafort.

Trump changed his tune later in the day, when he told reporters on Air Force One: “In fact maybe it was mentioned at some point,” referring to the meeting.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewi...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Trump lawyer Marc Kasowitz to stranger: "Watch your back, bitch"
https://www.propublica.org/article/marc-kasowitz-trump-lawyer-threat-emails-maddow
Kasowitz replied with series of angry messages sent between 9:30 p.m. and 10 p.m. Eastern time. One read: “I’m on you now. You are fucking with me now Let’s see who you are Watch your back , bitch.”

In another email, Kasowitz wrote: “Call me. Don’t be afraid, you piece of shit. Stand up. If you don’t call, you’re just afraid.” And later: “I already know where you live, I’m on you. You might as well call me. You will see me. I promise. Bro.”

It's like everyone in Trump's family has so little self control that they are incapable of valuing in another person.

Hmmm they almost sound like a family of mafia goons.

This will likely fly under the radar given the casual nature of the comment but it's big news.

President Donald Trump said Wednesday that he may have previously heard about his son and top campaign staff meeting with a Russian lawyer in June 2016, a stunning contradiction of his earlier statements on the matter.

Emails released Tuesday by Donald Trump Jr., ahead of a New York Times story on the same messages, show the President’s son responding enthusiastically to the promise of dirt on Hillary Clinton provided as part of a Russian government effort to aide his father’s campaign.

On Wednesday afternoon, Trump told Reuters that “No. That I didn’t know. Until a couple of days ago, when I heard about this. No I didn’t know about that,” referring to the meeting between Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya and Donald Trump Jr., Jared Kushner and Paul Manafort.

Trump changed his tune later in the day, when he told reporters on Air Force One: “In fact maybe it was mentioned at some point,” referring to the meeting.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewi...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Good thing he said that, because its obvious it was mentioned based on that speech he had 2 days later someone pointed out when he "promised something big on Hillary Clinton". Surprised that hasn't been a bigger "angle" to this so far as its rather obvious to everyone he knew about it.

Trump lawyer Marc Kasowitz to stranger: "Watch your back, bitch"
https://www.propublica.org/article/marc-kasowitz-trump-lawyer-threat-emails-maddow
Kasowitz replied with series of angry messages sent between 9:30 p.m. and 10 p.m. Eastern time. One read: “I’m on you now. You are fucking with me now Let’s see who you are Watch your back , bitch.”

In another email, Kasowitz wrote: “Call me. Don’t be afraid, you piece of shit. Stand up. If you don’t call, you’re just afraid.” And later: “I already know where you live, I’m on you. You might as well call me. You will see me. I promise. Bro.”

It's like everyone in Trump's family has so little self control that they are incapable of valuing in another person.

Life comes at you fast.

I'd guess that would be the next big thing to break before the hearings. Either Trump knowing of the meeting, a separate meeting, or email exchanges after the meeting (which is the most interesting time).

You think these guys would learn to shut the fuck up after the NYT slowplayed the Trump Jr email stories to expose their lies.

Trump blames Obama administration for allowing Russian lawyer in US

President Trump on Thursday appeared to blame the Obama administration for allowing a Russian lawyer who met with his eldest son to enter the United States.

The president appeared to cite a report in The Hill that former Attorney General Loretta Lynch allowed Russian attorney Natalia Veselnitskaya to travel into the country early last year.

“She was here because of Lynch,” Trump said during a press conference in Paris with French President Emmanuel Macron.

The president defended Donald Trump Jr., saying that “most people” would have taken that the meeting with Veselnitskaya, who claimed to have damaging information on then-Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton.
Nothing happened from the meeting. Zero happened from the meeting, and honestly I think the press made a big deal over something that many people would do,” Trump said.

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...inistration-for-allowing-russian-lawyer-in-us

Wow.

This is a little suspicious.

In the note recovered by police, Smith apologized to authorities and said that "NO FOUL PLAY WHATSOEVER" was involved in his death. He wrote that he was taking his own life because of a "RECENT BAD TURN IN HEALTH SINCE JANUARY, 2017" and timing related "TO LIFE INSURANCE OF $5 MILLION EXPIRING."

Wow.

This is a little suspicious.

In the note recovered by police, Smith apologized to authorities and said that "NO FOUL PLAY WHATSOEVER" was involved in his death. He wrote that he was taking his own life because of a "RECENT BAD TURN IN HEALTH SINCE JANUARY, 2017" and timing related "TO LIFE INSURANCE OF $5 MILLION EXPIRING."

Wow. Suicide by helium-that's a new one. Not to get too Vince Foster-y, but if you are going to kill yourself by displacing oxygen, helium is a weird choice because it diffuses so fast. Not saying he knew that, or maybe he knows more about suicide than I do since he's the one who put more thought into it.

The article says it's not uncommon according to suicide organization.

Still trying to figure out what the US is getting in these deals.

Back