• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Trump: Dems favorability down to 31%! All time low! Sad!

His approval rating is in the mid 40's currently. I know DJT knows better than polls and all but...

Not to mention the popular vote.

I think a lot of what he says are outright lies, but there are also a lot of statements that are half-truths because he either: legitimately doesn't know what he is talking about, or wants to be misleading.

I mean today he already tweeted out something that is provably and demonstrably incorrect with regards to his Cabinet being the "longest such delay in the history of our country." None of the last three POTUS had their full cabinet complete until March or April. Those are easily refutable statements that he just openly lies about with absolutely no bearing in truth whatsoever.

Is it false? Didn't I see a graphic of the last 3 POTUS's and Trump is way way behind the previous 3-4 terms? You say the previous three POTUS'S didn't have their "full cabinet" As of today, what % of their cabinet did they have compared to where Trump is? Cause someone posted some graphic a week or so back that shows he is correct.

Is it false? Didn't I see a graphic of the last 3 POTUS's and Trump is way way behind the previous 3-4 terms? You say the previous three POTUS'S didn't have their "full cabinet" As of today, what % of their cabinet did they have compared to where Trump is? Cause someone posted some graphic a week or so back that shows he is correct.

Article from NPR shows that it is moving slowly:

http://www.npr.org/2017/02/09/51392...trump-cabinet-still-emptier-than-predecessors

It suggests that some of it is due to Democrats taking a lot of times with the hearings, some of it due to the "lack of qualifications" that Trump's nominees have, and some of it due to Trump's lack of nominations for some positions:

The Trump administration would like to place the blame firmly on Democrats in the Senate.

"It would help if the Democrats weren't working overtime to unnecessarily block our very qualified nominees so that we could put leadership in place at each of the agencies," said White House principal deputy press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders in an email.

It is a disgrace that my full Cabinet is still not in place, the longest such delay in the history of our country. Obstruction by Democrats!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 8, 2017
But that is only part of the story. Facing pressure from an activated base, Democrats have slow-walked Trump's nominees.

In remarks on the Senate floor, Democratic Minority Leader Charles Schumer of New York described Trump's nominees as "a historically unqualified Cabinet."

Trump went with a number of picks who had little or no experience in the agencies they would be tasked to run. In some cases the nominees actively worked against the missions of the agencies.

Another thing that slowed down the process: Candidates for Cabinet posts are typically pre-vetted, working with the Office of Government Ethics to identify and unwind potential conflicts of interest before their names are even announced. But that didn't happen this time. Two Cabinet-level picks still haven't completed that process.

Is it moving slowly? Yes. Is it the "longest such delay in the history of our country"? Absolutely not since he could in theory still finish it by the time the last three had theirs in.

Another article from BBC:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38913709

At its most basic level, Mr Trump's tweet about the historic nature of the delays in assembling his "full cabinet" is demonstrably false.

As of 8 February, Mr Trump has had six of his 15 cabinet selections confirmed by the Senate, with several more awaiting final Senate approval. While he still has a way to go before his entire team is in place, it's hardly historic at this point.

Bill Clinton didn't have his final spot filled until 11 March. Republican George HW Bush took until 17 March. Barack Obama holds the modern record, as his last pick - Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius - didn't get her Senate vote until 28 April.

Only George W Bush, who like Mr Trump won the presidency without securing a plurality of the popular vote, had his full team in place within weeks of his inauguration, following John Ashcroft's confirmation as attorney general on 30 January.

Interesting that they used the same word to describe it that I did..."demonstrably" false.

I don't know if this is true, but it *feels* true.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/02/he-...is-job-and-his-staff-after-less-than-a-month/

Rawstory said:
After just three weeks on the job, President Donald Trump is reportedly frustrated with the realities of trying to run the U.S. government the way he manages his family-owned business.

Politico interviewed nearly two dozen people who have spent time with the former real estate developer and reality TV star since his inauguration — and they said Trump’s “mood has careened between surprise and anger as he’s faced the predictable realities of governing,” according to the report.

“The interviews paint a picture of a powder-keg of a workplace where job duties are unclear, morale among some is low, factionalism is rampant and exhaustion is running high,” Politico reported. “Two visitors to the White House last week said they were struck by how tired the staff looks.”

Trump would like to shake up his White House staff less than a month into the job but knows it’s too soon, the website reported, and aides joke that the president would like to spend even more time golfing at his Mar-A-Lago resort.

From PPP (full descriptions in the link):

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/...s-now-evenly-divided-on-impeaching-trump.html

PPP said:
Americans Now Evenly Divided on Impeaching Trump

PPP's new national poll finds that Donald Trump's popularity as President has declined precipitously just over the last two weeks. On our first poll of his Presidency voters were evenly divided on Trump, with 44% approving of him and 44% also disapproving. Now his approval rating is 43%, while his disapproval has gone all the way up to 53%. If voters could choose they'd rather have both Barack Obama (52/44) or Hillary Clinton (49/45) instead of Trump.

Just three weeks into his administration, voters are already evenly divided on the issue of impeaching Trump with 46% in favor and 46% opposed. Support for impeaching Trump has crept up from 35% 2 weeks ago, to 40% last week, to its 46% standing this week. While Clinton voters initially only supported Trump's impeachment 65/14, after seeing him in office over the last few weeks that's gone up already to 83/6.

Here are the reasons things are going bad for Trump:

-Voters think he's over reaching to make a country safe...that they already consider to be safe.

-Voters are concerned by the implications of Trump's fight with the Judiciary.

-Voters don't like the people Trump has surrounded himself with.

-Voters continue to have a lot of basic transparency concerns when it comes to Trump.

-Voters are concerned that in the realm of foreign policy, Trump likes who they don't like and doesn't like who they do like.

-Voters are concerned about Trump taking away Obamacare.

-Voters are increasingly taking the media's side in his fights with them

The Official President Trump Thread: Week 2 in the books. Only 414 left.

Cite your sources that Politico isn't trustworthy.

Palma feels.

And he only likes to feel small asses.

Please God, let them keep putting Stephen Miller on TV as much as possible. Creepiest, most unlikeable dude ever. Makes Ted Cruz look like Tom Hanks.

Last edited:
Palma feels.

And he only likes to feel small asses.

Yeah, and is it just me, or does Politico have a slight rightward lean? Although I'd call that lean more toward the establishment and not a populist one.

Yeah, and is it just me, or does Politico have a slight rightward lean? Although I'd call that lean more toward the establishment and not a populist one.

I don't know if Politico has a lean as much as they cater to the establishment audience.

Back