• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

Oooof, need to see that again.
wait what the fuck happened in the BEL v CRO match?

I'm assuming this was called on Croatia being offside, given the Belgium number, but honestly, this looks as close to even as ever. Neither player is offside IMO

View attachment 2058
Yeah, I think they have the Croatian players upper arm slightly ahead of the Belgian players upper arm. I don't think you could be any closer to dead even. Not sure how you set a cut off line without having a similar situation though. There will always be a call which is right on the edge, regardless of where you measure.

Anybody else watch the pre- and post-World Cup match coverage on Twitter from Fox with Jimmy Conrad, DeMarcus Beasley, and Sascha Kjlestian? I really enjoy their rapport with one another and its so much better than the absolute garbage that is on Fox TV with Stone, Lalas, Dempsey, and random former England WNT player. Lalas is a moron and tho I like Clint, he isn't very good at the commentary part of his job just yet.
Yes. I watch Conrad all the time during MLS season too - he's a solid. The whole MLS set up on the World Cup is also well done in terms of offering up some decent analysis (although I often don't agree with significant parts of it).

wait what the fuck happened in the BEL v CRO match?

I'm assuming this was called on Croatia being offside, given the Belgium number, but honestly, this looks as close to even as ever. Neither player is offside IMO

View attachment 2058
This whole where is the fingernail or the shoulder stuff is awful. Base it on where the feet of each player are positioned.

wow. horrible offside call in MOR-CAN goes against Morocco

just terrible to say that #5 was interferring in play when the shot was rocketed in off the post and the keeper saw it the whole way.

I will say as lifeless as Belgium have been most of the tourney, they are a much better side with Lukaku (and a healthy Lukaku). But even he looks old

kinda rooting for Belgium here actually. seeing them torn apart by Spain or Germany would be pretty funny

It is pretty weird to see all these studs out there, no matter what age, and have it just be pretty meh soccer for the most part outside the drama of the occasion. Most of these managers are washed up or never has been. They should just assign Pep and Klopp to random squads and see where those end up after two weeks training (probably multiple muscle injuries if Klopp). I still would love to see a Pep Brazil v a Klopp England.

Some actual good young players coming on for Belgium. I think I'll crap my pants.

Back