• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

KATE'S FAVORITE PLAYER IS ERIC CANTONA

I ADORE HER FOREVER.

He was unreal. Just truly unreal.

Three things -

- Balogun is great on the ball and even better without it. Very clever runs and works hard. No one else need apply for that spot. We have someone who can do more than hold up play finally. And with Pepi available we hopefully will see far, far less of insert rando player A, B or C into that spot.

- Gio is a must start every game. Every. Single. Game. He can relieve pressure all on his own and he makes plays. There is no one else on this team who would have made that inch perfect pass, much less seen the run Balogun was ready to make. So damn good.

- I wish we had a D middie with some better (more dynamic) passing range. At times it was frustrating to see Reyna dropping deeper than he should have to in order to try and get on the ball. That being said, Mussah was fucking everywhere last night and is another must start player every game. I think Wes has significantly more range in him than Adams as a passer (and he can finish as well). But how do you take Adams off the field. So that means you're picking between Mussah and Wes. Gio solves that problem for me. Solid enough problem to have assuming Gregg pulls his head out of his fucking ass and plays Gio like he was used last night.

A fourth thing. Canada is extremely well coached. They consistently find ways to break lines with clever layoffs and through balls into pockets of space.

Reactions: BTB
- I wish we had a D middie with some better (more dynamic) passing range. At times it was frustrating to see Reyna dropping deeper than he should have to in order to try and get on the ball. That being said, Mussah was fucking everywhere last night and is another must start player every game. I think Wes has significantly more range in him than Adams as a passer (and he can finish as well). But how do you take Adams off the field. So that means you're picking between Mussah and Wes. Gio solves that problem for me. Solid enough problem to have assuming Gregg pulls his head out of his fucking ass and plays Gio like he was used last night.

so nice that we have 4 legit options for 3 spots

I think Johnny Cardoso could be that DM as well. I read that he's really starting to come into his own at Internacional in Brazil. A few rumors of Napoli, Roma and Real Betis being interested in signing him.

I'm not high on Johnny, he's in the LDLT grouping for me. Fine if they're the last few players on the roster but never want to see them in a high-profile match.

Agree with DeacMans thoughts

I think we all agree that if healthy the front 4 are undroppable, right?

Balogun
Pulisic, Reyna, Weah

I guess the most droppable of those 4 is Weah, but holy hell has he been fantastic in the USMNT jersey. I have him as a lock.

Musah is undroppable for me. Been saying that since before the WC, Check the receipts. So that leaves me:

Balogun
Pulisic, Reyna, Weah
Musah, ?????

Going to defense, Jedi and Richards are locks moving forward. I think Ream is the other starter if healthy but now we have options. Or is it Miles Robinson? I think Dest vs. Scally is situational. The Dest red may have been a blessing in disguise. Scally being more defensive vs. Davies was exactly what we needed. Do we dare tinker with Adams at RB if you want McKinnie in the MF?

Balogun
Pulisic, Reyna, Weah
Musah, ?????
Jedi, Richards, ?????, ?????
Turner

MF - McKennie vs. Adams
CB - Ream vs. Miles
RB - Dest vs. Scally (vs. Adams)

I think the easiest call is Miles over Ream. Ream has been fantastic, but if 2026 is on our minds then it has to be Miles.

Balogun
Pulisic, Reyna, Weah
Musah, ?????
Jedi, Richards, Miles, ?????
Turner

MF - McKennie vs. Adams

not sure how much we can hype up Reyna's performance when he got hurt again. Love him as a player, but availability is a pretty crucial component.

not sure how much we can hype up Reyna's performance when he got hurt again. Love him as a player, but availability is a pretty crucial component.

In his defense that was an injury from a physical foul, not his historical soft muscle or tendon injury.

I think we all agree that if healthy the front 4 are undroppable, right?

Balogun
Pulisic, Reyna, Weah

I guess the most droppable of those 4 is Weah, but holy hell has he been fantastic in the USMNT jersey. I have him as a lock.

Musah is undroppable for me. Been saying that since before the WC, Check the receipts. So that leaves me:

Balogun
Pulisic, Reyna, Weah
Musah, ?????

Going to defense, Jedi and Richards are locks moving forward. I think Ream is the other starter if healthy but now we have options. Or is it Miles Robinson? I think Dest vs. Scally is situational. The Dest red may have been a blessing in disguise. Scally being more defensive vs. Davies was exactly what we needed. Do we dare tinker with Adams at RB if you want McKinnie in the MF?

Balogun
Pulisic, Reyna, Weah
Musah, ?????
Jedi, Richards, ?????, ?????
Turner

MF - McKennie vs. Adams
CB - Ream vs. Miles
Love this. For me if Reyna gets run like you suggest then I'll take Adams over Wes. I just wish you could give Mussah Wes's passing range. We then go from damn good to really damn good.

I also think that OB who plays for NY/NJ could work his way into the OB mix over the next couple of years. And there will be others who improve quickly and try to shove their way into debates.

Mexico fired its manager and national team director. Tres a cero didn't sit well apparently.

Back