• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

That was nice!

Pretty disappointing Mexico side these days. Lozano the only real exciting player and other than maybe Alvarez they have no real villains/enforcers.

both goals were saveable

anybody in the GK pipeline for Mexico when Ochoa retires? is he trying to play on the next World Cup at 40??

Santo Gimenez putting up big numbers in the Dutch league

Anyone think GGG got his tactics right last night? I thought he should have been replaced after the last world cup but I think it's fair to give him credit for his choices last night. Some of it is the toothless nature of this Mexico team but it's good to see GGG avoid outthinking himself.

Anyone think GGG got his tactics right last night? I thought he should have been replaced after the last world cup but I think it's fair to give him credit for his choices last night. Some of it is the toothless nature of this Mexico team but it's good to see GGG avoid outthinking himself.
I think Haji up top gives us a very different outlet. Yes he was offside about 12 times, but he gives an aerial/hold up option that we haven't had in awhile and he leads the line which opens spaces for Pulisic/Reyna underneath. I'm still not convinced we have a plan in the attack though. Our goals were moments of individual brilliance rather than through build up. Pulisic and Johnny had two great looks which came from build up, but other than that we didn't seem to find the final pass/cross. I'm guessing our xG was fairly similar to Mexico.

That said, credit where it's due - Greggggg did just coach the US to their third consecutive Nations League title.

Mainoo looked like the best England player on the pitch against Belgium

What a player he already is. Crazy talented.

anybody know if US Soccer status gets you any first access to tickets for games played in Mexico or Canada?

Back