• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

Columbus cold was fine

this is just ridiculous

Yep. It's not enough that we have a coach who constantly outthinks himself. Apparently, the USSF feels obligated to follows Berhalter's lead.

FWIW, had this game been set for Columbus, it would've been played in the middle of a snow storm. They are expecting 5 to 8 inches and the snow is expected to start at 5pm. That would've been fun.

Agree that the USSF out-thought themselves on this one. Pretty incredible that the USSF had the pick of essentially every soccer venue in the U.S., and they decided to play outside in Minnesota on February 2nd. Now the game won't even be sell-out.... Not good.

Last edited:
honestly when USSF pulls shit like this, they lose the ability to bitch about the inferior playing surfaces in T&T, Jamaica, whatever

this is the stuff of a heavy underdog

not a team with WC knockout round ambitions

Saw a news report that the grass on the field will be heated to 50-60 degrees depending on how close each spot is to a heating coil. Maybe that will help with the ball as well.

The dirt under the grass will be at 60. The grass blades will be in that 2 degree air. Players step on frozen grass blades and create green confetti.

honestly when USSF pulls shit like this, they lose the ability to bitch about the inferior playing surfaces in T&T, Jamaica, whatever

I legit wonder whether USSF actually consulted with the players on this. Against Honduras, a team that is 0-3-7 in qualifying (and that the US beat 4-1 away). Dont get me wrong, love the Twin Cities, but seriously? Who is behind this?

Reports coming out that El Salvador will refuse to play tonight over some federation dispute.

Reports coming out that El Salvador will refuse to play tonight over some federation dispute.

Sounds like the cold weather worked!

Or they haven't been paid bonuses they were due.

Edit: nevermind - we're playing Honduras...

Honestly I'm not finding as many tix on SeatGeek as I would for a regular season MLS game. And prices are in line with what they'd be for MLS. All those games sell out. Not sure if that means there are tons of seats still available or that the crowd will be better than some claim.

Less than thrilling lineup but I don't hate giving some other guys a shot to make an impact.

Turner: Cannon, Robinson, Zimmerman, Robinson; Acosta, McKennie, De la Torre; Morris, Pepi, Weah

Sounds like the cold weather worked!

Or they haven't been paid bonuses they were due.

Edit: nevermind - we're playing Honduras...

You can't trust the thread title.

Back