• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL Utah State Game Thread

I thought most of the replays I saw on ACCN did not warrant reversal of the on field ruling. Maybe the replay official had some angle and shots they didn't show, but I thought generally the ones that were overturned should have been ruled "stands as called"

Yeah, would've been nice to just let either stand or reverse both, kinda whack we got boned on both.

Guess we can't complain too much about such things since we were penalized once all game. And it all worked out perfectly since we made USU burn all their timeouts

Utah State fans were complaining about that a lot on their board. They said THEY got a 15 yard penalty for the same thing last year - but I think Newman was walking to the sidelines on the assumption it was a TD, he wasn't jawing USU; he was celebrating with our sideline so they either didn't see it or didn't think it warranted the penalty.

The ruling on the field was touchdown by Surrat, so official timeout prior to PAT attempt. No issue with helmet off at that point.

The ruling on the field was touchdown by Surrat, so official timeout prior to PAT attempt. No issue with helmet off at that point.

Newman removed helmet way before the official TO was called. But then again, once Surrat scored/went down, the play is dead, yes ?

Looked like he was very close to/obviously headed to the sideline when he took it off. He did the same thing against State (and maybe also Memphis) last year on the sideline.

Complete with spittle flying from his mouth. Dude is such a gamer.

Back