• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL WAKE FOREST FOOTBALL v. ELON thread

Take off Thursday and Friday and have a five day weekend

That’s what I’m doing. I usually take Friday off (since I work on Sunday) and this year I’m taking that Sunday off too. And I plan to spend the whole weekend attending and watching football.

I’m a simple man, with simple wants in life. Give me two bombs to Banks and a nice long Ellison run and I’ll be happy. After that I’d like to see Grimes and Claiborne go off.

Does anyone have a parking pass they'd be willing to part with for the game?

Bad idea to suggest on here that Wake shouldn't play an FCS school. There's a very vocal contingent that will shoot you down pretty quickly. Wake apparently can't make a bowl game without the annual blow-out of an FCS school.

Bad idea to suggest on here that Wake shouldn't play an FCS school. There's a very vocal contingent that will shoot you down pretty quickly. Wake apparently can't make a bowl game without the annual blow-out of an FCS school.
Wake can make a bowl just as easily playing a bottom feeder G5 as well but again, there is no reason not to play an FCS for less money when you’re allowed to and can get it set for the opening game with more time to prepare for week 2

I’ve never minded playing the fcs games and thought of them as a better version of a scrimmage which helps work out kinks for the rest of the year. And when executed well (like going up big) we get to get some extra game action for the 2/3 deeps. These are all positives. And it’s a win for the record.

I guess it’s more lame than playing a name opponent though but not enough to really whine about.

What’s the difference between Ball state and Elon? Either way we have to pay them to play us and one is more likely to say yes than the other for the money.

What’s the difference between Ball state and Elon? Either way we have to pay them to play us and one is more likely to say yes than the other for the money.

Remember all the donks that wanted Pete Lembo? Also, remember Katie Lembo ??? Hahaha those were good times.

I assume Ball State charges more too.
A lot more, because you are competing against local Big Ten schools offering a shorter road trip and a stadium 2-3 times as large that allows them to offer a larger guarantee.

Most of these game contracts are public records if you want to compare the numbers. I'd imagine Elon is coming for a $350,000-$500,000 guarantee, and Ball State would ask for 7 figures minimum.

Back