• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL Wake-Syracuse Game Thread

Long time ago but how do you best FSU and then lose to William and mary?

From what I remember, FSU had a player revolt and a bunch of players quit before the season started. The players hated assistant coach Jim Donnan accusing him of physcial and verbal abuse. After that, I was surprised that Donnan had such a long coaching career.

I have faith in Clawson but the mistakes today were awful. Not sure how grobe left the talent so bear and so young.

This is a throw away season. If we go 2-10 this year, he can win 5 next year and demonstrate he has the program on the right track. Earliest bowl potential season is 2 years away based on what we know and see today. It's going to be a painful process as we are already witnessing.
On to basketball where we can at least be respectable this year...

Just got back from the game. I didn't drink enough to watch that crap on the field. Love seeing less than 200 yards on offense again.

BC playing very well against Clem's son- does not bode well for next week.

We had our chance today coming off a bye week to prepare for the Orange and our O scored (-) 7points!

We are playing as poorly as we did 7 weeks ago. Same problems, same offensive strategy. The 4 OL starters that will return next year haven't improve at all this season. What make us think that things will change? Tabbacca is not an asset and should be replaced. First contact is always made on our side of the line of scrimmage. After two weeks of prep, they should be ashamed about their performance.

I went in late 1st quarter and left early 3rd. Sad how bad we are.

I cannot believe how bad of shape Grobe left this team. Also, while he has not a lot to work with, the OL coach should be pretty ashamed at what he's getting out of the guys. A lot of the time the guys instantly lose the leverage battle and don't drive their feet to maintain blocks or push defenders back.

I'm obviously not a football expert and I trust that most of the coaches are doing all that they can, but there has to be something that can be done about the offense. With slow developing plays and an offensive line that is unable to either make or hold blocks, it is a recipe for disaster. Whether it is large splits (K State did this today vs OU), changing the slow read option dynamic on every play, or something else, there has to be something that can improve the offense.

Last edited:
Game was ugly, we played piss poor, but I didn't feel any sense of energy and passion from the team even after we scored first on them. Even our defense just seemed a step slow/uncertain all afternoon.

Not sure what the advantage of the "long delay" handoffs are if we can't get past the line of scrimmage. Seems like we should do some quick hitting plays, misdirection, and once in awhile throw a pass more than 10 yards. Very frustrating and disappointing.

I forgot to mention that the empty stands don't help on the "energy" factor...

Hinton is not the savior. Watch his highlights - he is skinny and well under 6 feet. He has 3 receivers that are better athletes than the low level competition they are playing.

He did have a good summer (elite 11, etc) and I hope he turns out great, but he is not a sure-fire lock.

Today is the first day I have been pissed off. We need 2 more wins for me to view this season as acceptable. Clawson says all the right things but today was unacceptable regardless of talent.

We are playing as poorly as we did 7 weeks ago. Same problems, same offensive strategy. The 4 OL starters that will return next year haven't improve at all this season. What make us think that things will change? Tabbacca is not an asset and should be replaced. First contact is always made on our side of the line of scrimmage. After two weeks of prep, they should be ashamed about their performance.

All of Clawson's 1st year teams have been bad and I am sure those fans wondered the same things.

Back