• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL Windy’s Wonderful World of Wearables (Uniform News and Discussion)

Really dislike the trend of referring to cities by nicknames or airport initials or whatever. "The A"? I thought it was "The ATL" (which is equally annoying, but not as bad as Portland's PDX)? The Hank Aaron uniforms on which those are based are perfect. No reason to make them look like some hybrid between the old Braves unis and the Oakland A's. Except to sell more jerseys and make money, of course.
The City Connect jerseys are supposed to be new and unsual.

If anything, the criticism of the Braves ones has been that they aren't unusual enough.

I think they're awesome, FWIW.

The City Connect jerseys are supposed to be new and unsual.

If anything, the criticism of the Braves ones has been that they aren't unusual enough.

I think they're awesome, FWIW.
I don’t really follow the baseball ones but the NBA series has been fun, though it does feel like the number of misses increases each year as they’ve been doing it for a while now

I don’t really follow the baseball ones but the NBA series has been fun, though it does feel like the number of misses increases each year as they’ve been doing it for a while now
I agree with this take. It shouldn't be an annual thing and they should feel free to bring back "old" uniforms (from 2-4 years ago).

With the Twins doing a unifrom overhaul for 2023 and the Royals introducing FULL powder blues.. that means 5 teams will have powder blue uniforms this season

Blue Jays
Royals
Cardinals
Rangers
Phillies

And while it may not look like it. The Phillies, Blue Jays and Rangers all have the same color Powder Blue, While the Royals and Cardinals are different.

Royals PMS 542 C
Cardinals14-4214
Blue JaysPMS 284 c
PhilliesPMS 284 c
RangersPMS 284 c

The rest are fine I guess (Phillies?), but the Cardinals wearing powder blue is a travesty. A blue cardinal is basically a…Blue Jay.

I like those Royals blues. If they really want to go with the name though, get some purple in there. Borrow from those K-State basketball warmups down the road.

The rest are fine I guess (Phillies?), but the Cardinals wearing powder blue is a travesty. A blue cardinal is basically a…Blue Jay.

I like those Royals blues. If they really want to go with the name though, get some purple in there. Borrow from those K-State basketball warmups down the road.
Phillies and Cardinals are throw backs, so I like them.

Hits the Ozzie Smith nostalgia for me. He is my favorite non-Met of all time.

Phillies and Cardinals are throw backs, so I like them.

Hits the Ozzie Smith nostalgia for me. He is my favorite non-Met of all time.
I still have a group of baseball cards I gathered as a kid of the ugliest baseball players. Willie McGee was in there, along with Verne Rhule, Al Hrabosky and others. Strangely, that made me more of a fan of those players. That era of Cardinals also had one of my favorite statistical anomalies of the time which was Tommy Herr having 100+ RBI but fewer than 10 HRs.

images

Philadelphia Flyers are supposedly going to revamp uni’s to be similar to what they wore from 1982 to 2007. Bolder orange comes back.

Back