• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Officially OFFICIAL 2015/16 Champions League Thread (NWT) (Non-Scouse Thread)

I should have said what you're looking for from your team too. If you're a team that goes wide so it can cross it in to big bruisers, a traditional winger makes more sense. If you're a team that plays wide so it can score from wide, inverted wingers make a lot of sense (if they're good enough to score goals).

I just haven't seen it work enough.

Memphis not a good crosser of the ball though and Mata doesn't have the pace to be a traditional winger. I think LvG playing it right with those two in the side.

Valencia/Young better suited for traditional wingers, but Wa$$a not exactly Duncan Ferguson as a target man...

Chicharito!

Subs on for Januzaj. Rooney to drop back to the #10 I would guess.

So Chris Smalling has just been in excellent form to start this season. Carrying on from the end of last season. Just a completely different player than this time last year. LvG has worked wonders with him.

Some dude I've never heard of is shown his 2nd yellow card for a stupid lunging dive on Chicharito and is sent off. 10 mins left and Brugge out of subs to alter things around tactically.

There's a Christmas tree somewhere in London with a bunch of presents underneath it that'll never be opened. And I thought, if I survive all of this, I'd go to that house, apologize to the mother there, and accept whatever punishment she chose for me. Prison... death... didn't matter. Because at least in prison and at least in death, you know, I wouldn't be in fuckin' Bruges. But then, like a flash, it came to me. And I realized, fuck man, maybe that's what hell is: the entire rest of eternity spent in fuckin' Bruges. And I really really hoped I wouldn't die. I really really hoped I wouldn't die.

I was just about to post a Colin Farrell pic and townie also pos rep'd me a couple minutes ago what reality am I in rn?

BEWARE of the HAIR!!!

(still wish we would sell his ass)

Big, big, big goal to take a 3-1 lead to Belgium instead of just 2-1.

Fellaini didn't even elbow or push anybody to win the header this time! There truly is a first time for everything, I suppose.

now that you say that the defender is reminiscent of a basketball player who blows a layup because he was expecting contact that never came

daawwwwww

Romero: "No one wanted me, I wasn't wanted anywhere and now here I am in one of the best stages of my career, thanks to Van Gaal".

Man United XI: Romero; Darmian, Smalling, Blind, Shaw; Carrick, Herrera; Mata, Januzaj, Depay; Rooney
subs: Johnstone, McNair, Fellaini, Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin, Young, Chicharito

Herrera in for Schneiderlin allows Carrick to play his more familiar 6 role instead of the 8 where he is uncomfortable.

Herrera looks like Bradley with hair.

Herrera looks like Bradley with hair.

143371.jpg

bradley-pointing.jpg

I don't see it.

...unless you meant playing style. Then...maybe. Similarities for sure.

Memphis to Wa$$a!!! GOAL!

4-1 on aggregate and away goal answered. That should be the tie done and dusted. GROUP STAGE TIME. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Back