• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ohio State player found dead; apparent suicide

Deadbolt

Reaction score
http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...-state-player-body-found?eadid=SOC/Twi/SNMain

The body in question was found Sunday, a day after Karageorge missed Ohio State's final home football game of the season. He would have been honored as a senior on the team, a reserve defensive tackle who joined coach Urban Meyer's program after three years as a wrestler.

However, Karageorge, 22, left his apartment about 2 a.m. ET Wednesday, saying he was going for a walk. He sent a cryptic text to his mother, which led to fears for his safety.

Susan Karageorge, his mother, received the ominous text about 1:30 a.m. ET Wednesday. According to the missing-person report, The Dispatch said, it read: "I am sorry if I am an embarrassment but these concussions have my head all f—ed up."

Karageorge had several concussions during his athletic career, and a recent one resulted in several problems.

Police accepted the missing-person report from his mother because of concerns for his safety. While it was normally not a problem for a 22-year-old to disappear, it was out of character for Karageorge.

Friday, friends and others gathered to search for Karageorge and distribute fliers seeking information on his whereabouts.

Ugh...had a feeling something bad was up with him. Such a shitty outcome.

Ugh...had a feeling something bad was up with him. Such a shitty outcome.

Yeah, hoped for the best, feared and expected the worst. I love good hard hitting football, but once a guy gets a couple of concussions the longterm well being of the player has got to be looked at hard.

Yeah, hoped for the best, feared and expected the worst. I love good hard hitting football, but once a guy gets a couple of concussions the longterm well being of the player has got to be looked at hard.

There's still so much we don't understand about concussions. We like to think that we err on the side of caution with all the recent attention, but what if we really aren't? What if we are sending kids back on the field with brain injuries that we aren't even seeing?

How long until any concussion is a season-ending injury?

So sad.

There's still so much we don't understand about concussions. We like to think that we err on the side of caution with all the recent attention, but what if we really aren't? What if we are sending kids back on the field with brain injuries that we aren't even seeing?

hQ9T7.jpg

Back