• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On Forbes Being a Laughingstock (?)

Worst part is there was a time when Deadspin was almost a mediocre sport + comedy blog site. Then the spineless fucksticks ruined it.

Geez, bros. There are some strong opinions about Deadspin on this thread.

Just bullshit clickbait. Forbes is playing 5D chess with the media, and it’ll end up bringing him sustained recruiting success, which will make him a successful ACC coach. He’ll stand out as an utter badass in the masses of beta, loser college basketball coaches such as paint touches and redacted.

Geez, bros. There are some strong opinions about Deadspin on this thread.

Just bullshit clickbait. Forbes is playing 5D chess with the media, and it’ll end up bringing him sustained recruiting success, which will make him a successful ACC coach. He’ll stand out as an utter badass in the masses of beta, loser college basketball coaches such as paint touches and redacted.

Yeahhh...Forbes knew exactly what he was doing when he made that statement about degrees. Its going to be awesome looking back at this week in two years

Deadspin was funny 8 years ago. I honestly thought Barstool bought them and shuttered it.

I do remember remember them breaking the Manti Te’o story.

anybody else noticing a prevailing trend among the people who hated deadspin

Talking about a fraud, everyone needs to go and report ForbesETSUHoops on Twitter. Dude is pretending to be OUR Forbes. Really though, there are recruits and coaches that are following that account, and it’s wrong. Follow the real damn account @ForbesWakeHoops.

https://twitter.com/forbesetsuhoops?lang=en

A lot of places lamented the death of Deadspin. The places celebrating their death were places like Barstool and Clay Travis, the worst the Internet has to offer.

anybody else noticing a prevailing trend among the people who hated deadspin

They have good taste post 2014? Deadspin used to be a site I read every morning almost. I still remember the shock in my office (I worked in college athletics) when the Te’o catfish story came out.

As a Redskins fan, I was always pumped to read Drew Magary’s “Why Your Team Sucks” series.

Yeah, that still happened up until about 8 months or so ago. If we ever want to split America in two (yes, please), we should just ask people if they like the old deadspin or if they're rubes who like Barstool, and base it on that.

Barstool produces by far the best podcast in sports, and another in the top ten.

From a blogging standpoint they have both declined the last 10 years. Deadspin’s being catastrophic.

Go get them, Coach.
Laughing last is usually preferable. Forbe’s country stand-up is going to become a staple.

If I was a finance bro, I also would probably hate an unapologetically leftist site that regularly held a mirror up to the damage I was doing to society. That'd be more than my conscience could handle. So I get it.

Back