• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

A reporter and cameraman were shot dead on live TV this morning in Virginia

That video was crazy....it looked like they were interviewing some lady outside an adventure park/putt-putt type place, and all of a sudden a bunch of shots rang out and everyone started running and screaming.

That video was crazy....it looked like they were interviewing some lady outside an adventure park/putt-putt type place, and all of a sudden a bunch of shots rang out and everyone started running and screaming.

Shouldn't have watched that. Damn it

That's Bridgewater Plaza on Smith Mountain Lake. It has lots of restaurants and outdoor entertainment also.

By all means, though, let's keep doing nothing and just hoping something changes. That should work.

If 20 little kids getting murdered by an assault rifle only caused sales of assault rifles to go up, nothing will ever change the American obsession with guns.

New rule: If you feel the need to kill someone else, you are not allowed to kill yourself afterwards. Just kill yourself first. It's such a pussy move.

He posted a fucking gopro video online of the shooting?

Last edited:
In December 2012, a gunman walked into Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, and killed 20 children, six adults, and himself. Since then, there have been at least 864 mass shootings, with shooters killing at least 1,125 people and wounding 3,097 more.

Add 2 more to the deaths and 1 more to the injured.

So much unnecessary death in our nation.

Repeal the 2nd Amendment. Make it completely illegal to own a gun. Done with taking any stance other than this. I don't need to hunt, I can protect my family fine. The price is far too high and we can't have nice things. End of story.

No need to repeal. Just need some strict interpretation. The only guns that should be legal are those that existed in 1787.

Repeal the 2nd Amendment. Make it completely illegal to own a gun. Done with taking any stance other than this. I don't need to hunt, I can protect my family fine. The price is far too high and we can't have nice things. End of story.
I'm with you. And for Christians, it's time to put the Gospel above the damned idols of individual rights, safety, and guns.

Yep either this (via 28th Amendment which will NEVER happen given the midwest, south, and states like Vermont) or what District said regarding interpretation. However I think any SCOTUS decision reinterpreting this would literally cause another threat of leaving the United States for large geographic areas.

I'm with you. And for Christians, it's time to put the Gospel above the damned idols of individual rights, safety, and guns.

+1.

I find nothing "safe" about a society where the ideal is that everyone will be strapped with a firearm to protect themselves from all the other people with firearms, and I no longer have much empathy for people who think that such a society is "safe".

+1.

I find nothing "safe" about a society where the ideal is that everyone will be strapped with a firearm to protect themselves from all the other people with firearms, and I no longer have much empathy for people who think that such a society is "safe".
Amen.

Yep either this (via 28th Amendment which will NEVER happen given the midwest, south, and states like Vermont) or what District said regarding interpretation. However I think any SCOTUS decision reinterpreting this would literally cause another threat of leaving the United States for large geographic areas.

TIL that the term Vermont carry exists, yet Vermont literally has the lowest gun murder rate in the country (as of 2010): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_the_United_States_by_state

I know that conservatives couldn't give two fucks, but America has become a laughingstock. What a disgrace. We need to get our shit together, and fast.

11930746_671165486317614_1036681546252576810_o.png

Back