• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

I'm pretty sure that 30 years from now I'll still be saying that McCrory is the worst person I've ever voted for. Tried to think outside of the partisan box, found out that no good deed goes unpunished.

I'm pretty sure that 30 years from now I'll still be saying that McCrory is the worst person I've ever voted for. Tried to think outside of the partisan box, found out that no good deed goes unpunished.

I changed my mind on voting for him at the very last minute. Thought he would be a moderate, but the GA scared the shit out of me too much to give them a GOP governor. I guess my fears were totally unfounded...

I changed my mind on voting for him at the very last minute. Thought he would be a moderate, but the GA scared the shit out of me too much to give them a GOP governor. I guess my fears were totally unfounded...

I was fortunate enough to meet the pussy several times before he ran. I voted for Beverly Fucking Perdue over him. I wouldn't have voted for him for the soil and water conservation post. Catawba should take back their degree.

Who are the 300,000 or so geniuses who said, "Pat McCrory is awful. I'm voting Cooper. BTW, #MAGA2016?"
McCrory only received around 60k votes less than trump, and those arent necessarily people who voted for him and Cooper.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

It's an amazing conflict of interest that McCrory, with this action, seems very happy to exploit. Can't wait for this guy to GTFO.

Only if NC Dems get people out to vote.

Will make for an interesting legislative session in 2017. The thought has been that this upcoming long session was going to be just that - long as fuck. But if the decision is upheld and elections will take place again next fall, legislators will want to get out of town to pursue their campaigns. With districts gerrymandered as all get out (even using the old maps), will be very difficult for Ds to break through, but if they can at least break up the supermajority, combined with Governor Cooper, they should be able to put an end to at least the profoundly stupid and egregious things the General Assembly has done in recent years.

Also, I know it's super inside baseball and most folks aren't going to understand the gravity of how fucked up it is, but want to say again that McCrory denying permission for the State Board of Elections to hire Brooks Pierce as outside counsel is one of the most unethical things I've ever seen (and I've seen McCrory do some other shady shit).

Also, I know it's super inside baseball and most folks aren't going to understand the gravity of how fucked up it is, but want to say again that McCrory denying permission for the State Board of Elections to hire Brooks Pierce as outside counsel is one of the most unethical things I've ever seen (and I've seen McCrory do some other shady shit).

Can you expand on this for those of us who don't have the whole story?

Can you expand on this for those of us who don't have the whole story?

McCrory turned down the SBOE's request to hire lawyers from the Brooks Pierce law firm to defend the state against the Civitas Institute lawsuit (about voter registration).

It's an interesting situation because I think Cooper's office (as the DA) would normally defend the state, but obviously he has a vested interest. Therefore the SBOE sought outside legal counsel to do so, and picked four lawyers. Since McCrory is the Governor, he has to approve it, and he rejected 3 out of the 4 brought up.

It seems the McCrory team is worried about Jim Phillips, who is one of the heads of the Cooper transition team, but he is just a partner at Brooks Pierce (a pretty decent sized law firm with offices in many locations across NC).

There appears to be no "legal" reason that McCrory should have rejected those three, hence the BS that Say Hey is calling.

He's basically rejecting what most would say are impartial lawyers to defend the state for (what would seem to be) his own benefit.

Last edited:
Back