• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

McCrory finally conceded. Fuck him forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In other fun NC news...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...de-north-carolina_us_5844eb97e4b017f37fe5591c

Police in Roxboro, North Carolina, will hold a press conference Monday to address community concerns after a band of KKK members drove through the small town Saturday celebrating President-elect Donald Trump’s victory in the recent election.

The parade was originally going to take place in Pelham, 40 minutes away from Roxboro. But organizers moved the event after protesters gathered in Pelham Saturday morning to confront the Klansmen, according to the Charlotte News Observer.

In other fun NC news...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...de-north-carolina_us_5844eb97e4b017f37fe5591c

Police in Roxboro, North Carolina, will hold a press conference Monday to address community concerns after a band of KKK members drove through the small town Saturday celebrating President-elect Donald Trump’s victory in the recent election.

The parade was originally going to take place in Pelham, 40 minutes away from Roxboro. But organizers moved the event after protesters gathered in Pelham Saturday morning to confront the Klansmen, according to the Charlotte News Observer.

A KKK Leader Had to Miss the Trump Victory Parade He Organized

Ever had to miss your own party? It's not a great feeling—just ask Chris Barker, Imperial Wizard of the North Carolina branch of the Ku Klux Klan. He helped arrange a rally reportedly to cheer Donald Trump's election victory where, according to the illustrious Daily Mail, dozens of KKK members drove through the state giving Nazi salutes and yelling "white power." But Barker, 37, wasn't there to see it, as he was holed up in a jail cell after his arrest in connection with a stabbing at a planning meeting for the event.

But Barker's wife, Amanda, emerged from her home to explain the event would take place in Roxboro later in the day—and that it would take place in a convoy of vehicles because it was too cold to march.

Trump is about to name him Chairman of the Civil Rights Commission.

I just kind of assume McCrory will end up in some position in DC in the Trump administration. Seems like he would have a hard time going back to Duke Energy, and I don't think he's likely be a very effective rainmaker in NC.

He worked in private law practice after losing to Perdue, so he'll basically be your peer. He'll probably just get paid more since he was Mayor for 45 years.

oh shut up

We need to put together a list of who is allowed to respond to the nutjob right. Doofus, Numbers, and RJ cannot be on the list. I don't want to have me referring to sailor as a cocksucking bag of assholes lost in emo millinial whining.

We need to put together a list of who is allowed to respond to the nutjob right. Doofus, Numbers, and RJ cannot be on the list. I don't want to have me referring to sailor as a cocksucking bag of assholes lost in emo millinial whining.

I was clearly joking with my post, hence the capitalization.

More PC, participation-trophy winning #olds getting wound up over rhetoric, responding with VULGARITY to make their point.

Nothing to see here.

He worked in private law practice after losing to Perdue, so he'll basically be your peer. He'll probably just get paid more since he was Mayor for 45 years.

He wasn't an attorney though. Again, I was under the impression he was basically a rainmaker, relationship guy to help the attorneys get business or help clients with economic development proposals. Maybe he can still do that effectively, but he obviously has torched any bridges with the City of Charlotte, and perhaps the region generally given the I-77 mess, and I also don't suspect he's going to be super welcome at the General Assembly. I could be totally wrong. Will be interesting to see where he ends up, but those are the reasons I could see him working for Trump in some capacity.

Back