• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

Looks like Jordan is probably going to get it - Republicans continue to be an absolute embarrassment. Following their serial rapist and traitor's pick for speaker, who is a sexual abuse/assault enabler and traitor. Pure evil.

Looks like Jordan is probably going to get it - Republicans continue to be an absolute embarrassment. Following their serial rapist and traitor's pick for speaker, who is a sexual abuse/assault enabler and traitor. Pure evil.

Maybe.

There should be some drama.

Maybe.

There should be some drama.

I thought Lawler said he’s a no, but wouldn’t be the deciding vote (which would make him a pansy ass no instead of a hard no). And Ciscomani came out and said he’s a yes. But there’s definitely still some drama to be had.

Jordan will get it eventually. They don’t have anyone else and they know it, so it’s just a matter of how much time they want to waste.

Last edited:
Jordan will get it eventually. They don’t have anyone else and they know it, so it’s just a matter of how much time they want to waste.

And for Jordan to strike a poison pill type deal to swing one of the No votes like McCarthy did with Gaetz.

Already 9 GOP no-votes on Jordan, through the G's. We'll be voting again. See if he can hold his support

They’re likely damned if they do and damned if they don’t put that pervert asshole in charge. They’re paralyzing the country at an awful time by not putting someone up there. But putting that human asswipe up there will alienate a lot of voters towards the left.
Will be interesting if the Dems reach over to throw support behind a true moderate. Very doubtful - but it would be impossible to work with Gym Jordan

It's weird to me that Jordan would get it over Scalise. They're all terrible, but Scalise seems slightly more intelligent, slightly more reasonable, and he doesn't have the sexual assault enabler baggage. What am I saying, all over those slightly better qualities of Scalise actually weigh in Gym's favor.

I feel pretty confident if Jordan wins the push to proceed with impeachment hearings will reach a fever pitch.

It's weird to me that Jordan would get it over Scalise. They're all terrible, but Scalise seems slightly more intelligent, slightly more reasonable, and he doesn't have the sexual assault enabler baggage. What am I saying, all over those slightly better qualities of Scalise actually weigh in Gym's favor.
I believe the thinking was that Jordan would appease the Gaetz crew who will accept only what they want or else will try to shut the whole thing down, while the centrist wing (such as it is) would fold under Jordan's bullying and the Hannity pressure campaign.

Simpson makes 15 "No's" and Buck, Lamalfa, and Spartz missed their calls. He could end up with 20 Pubs against him. Will they hold or cave? High drama.

I just realized something. If Jim Jordan becomes Speaker of the House and Trump wins the election, Donald Trump will be the first American politician ever to simultaneously hold the offices of both Speaker and President.

Republicans sure love doing anything but actually governing

Back