• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

The Republican House look to be forcing a vote on removing Johnson again and it sounds like Johnson is attempting to throw Dems some votes to keep him in place.

Was that not what democrats were asking for? Seemed like a genuine olive branch.
I think this is exactly what Dems have been pushing for. If you want to stay in power you're going to need to let them vote on bipartisan bills. Will be interesting to see how this plays out as Johnson would be completely dependant on Dems if he goes along with this. But he'll almost certainly be voted out if he doesn't get Dem support.

I think this is exactly what Dems have been pushing for. If you want to stay in power you're going to need to let them vote on bipartisan bills. Will be interesting to see how this plays out as Johnson would be completely dependant on Dems if he goes along with this. But he'll almost certainly be voted out if he doesn't get Dem support.

I was talking about the appliance bills. All I ever get DNC emails about is appliance freedom and the speaker seemed to be acknowledging that. The Ukraine bill would just be icing on the cake

so is the play if he gets Dem support but then doesn't want to take up any bipartisan bills that a Dem could call for a MTV and bring up another vote?

so is the play if he gets Dem support but then doesn't want to take up any bipartisan bills that a Dem could call for a MTV and bring up another vote?
That's what I'd tell him if I were Dem leadership - start putting bills up for a vote (starting with Ukraine) and we'll let you keep your position. Stop cooperating and we'll let your right wing lunatics kick you again. Good luck confirming another speaker of the house now that they've lost another 2 or 3 votes of their majority.

More evidence of the GOP's great appreciation for the intelligence and equality of women.

Johnson put forth 3 separate bills (Ukraine, Israel, Taiwan) that more or less mirror the already approved Senate bill. Vote Saturday night. Sounds like the ultra MAGA idiots managed to push Johnson to the middle for a day. Let's see if they end up getting that vote.

Back