• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Original or Recolored?

enhanced-buzz-6567-1347656279-4.jpg

This one in color is incredible

except the dude under the coke sign still looks like he is black and white

I also prefer the b&w version of almost all of them... the colored versions are too flat. there is way more depth and contrast w/ the b&w.

As an aside, I don't think I've ever seen Abe Lincoln in color. Hmm.

I prefer the originals. I'm just a huge fan of b&w photos in general. That baby picture reminded me of a pic of my aunt from the early 60's. In that same style, it was taken in b&w but colored in. It never looked quite right, but I suppose it was cutting edge way back when.

The Baker test image in Bikini Atoll is cool. I think it demonstrates the power of the bomb much more clearly as you can now tell that there is actually a verticle battleship in the column of spray.

enhanced-buzz-7041-1347654987-2.jpg

enhanced-buzz-31625-1347651206-6.jpg

"Let's see here, leaves are green... suit is navy... fuck it, make the rest brown."

Love the dude from Jaws “ Hey are you boys okay?” 20 seconds later his legs bounces off the sea floor tube sock in tact.

Abe Lincoln was even uglier in color.

I think the pictures are more aesthetically pleasing in black and white, but I think having them in color helps make you realize it was real people back in the day, not some black and white imaginary world.

The Baker test image in Bikini Atoll is cool. I think it demonstrates the power of the bomb much more clearly as you can now tell that there is actually a verticle battleship in the column of spray.

enhanced-buzz-7041-1347654987-2.jpg

One of the few I like better colorized - because in color it's far more dramatic. The idyllic beach and resort colored sea with the atomic blast behind it.

Abe Lincoln was even uglier in color.

The color picture of Mr. Lincoln further accentuates what appears to me to be a severe case of "bed-head."

Where was Mary Todd Lincoln at this moment? She should have at least been there with a hair brush handy before the photograph was taken.

Probs off performing a seance.

Yeah, she wasn't all there, was she? It is my understanding that Ms. Lincoln had some serious mental and emotional issues and that she increasingly lost touch with reality after the death of two of her sons (most notably Willie in 1862), and became completely unhinged after President Lincoln's assasination to the point that her son, Robert Lincoln (the only one of her four sons to outlive her), had to have her institutionalized.

I think the pictures are more aesthetically pleasing in black and white, but I think having them in color helps make you realize it was real people back in the day, not some black and white imaginary world.

this is very true.
as i looked through them, i realized i've never seen, to my recollection, abe lincoln in color. I guess there's that one portrait, but that's somehow different than a photograph (in my mind).

Love the dude from Jaws “ Hey are you boys okay?” 20 seconds later his legs bounces off the sea floor tube sock in tact.

i'm pretty sure that's steven spielberg playing around in the mouth of "bruce" the mechanical shark.

also, liz taylor was smokin' back in the day....

You are correct sir:
capture_rowboat.jpg

i'm pretty sure that's steven spielberg playing around in the mouth of "bruce" the mechanical shark.

also, liz taylor was smokin' back in the day....

Back