• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Our Next BB Coach or #MannUp + other coach talk

But what proves to you that Manning got over the hump? One game. That's ultimately what it boils down to, and, again, I just don't care that much about one game. To me it's an elevate vs not elevate question. Seems clear that White elevated La Tech by winning 56 games in two seasons with his own players. Seems clear that Manning did not elevate Tulsa just because he went 3-0 over the course of 3 days with players he inherited. You can argue that your approach is right, but don't argue that mine is unreasonable because it really isn't.

You're right. I don't care about the name pretty much at all. I suspect most non-OWG won't. Maybe I'm wrong. I don't know.

AGAIN you are using one game not me. that game is one of several factors I used. It's not the only one. No matter how many times you dishonestly try to say that I said such a thing, it will never be true.

AGAIN you are using one game not me. that game is one of several factors I used. It's not the only one. No matter how many times you dishonestly try to say that I said such a thing, it will never be true.

I'm done with you.

My position is credible. Your position is credible. Agree to disagree. But don't call me dishonest just because I don't agree with you.

OK, I am sorry I said dishonest.

However, why you do so easily not include all the other reasons I put forth? When I say, "It's A, B,C and D", why do you say "All you say is A?"

OK, I am sorry I said dishonest.

However, why you do so easily not include all the other reasons I put forth? When I say, "It's A, B,C and D", why do you say "All you say is A?"

Because we are talking about getting over the hump. There's only item that proves that. And, as I've said before, track record as D1 head coach is a much more powerful indicator of capability as a D1 head coach at a different level than virtually anything else.

Could it be that RW already had Buzz's coaching staff selected, so as a matter of expedience he threw Abatemarco in the "bad culture" basket with Dino?

No, Abatemarco's reputation comes from his days at NC State and other places since then. The boards were up in arms about him potentially coming here before Wellman ever said anything about whether he could come here or not.

Why would anyone not trust RJ's evaluations of a newly-hired WF coach?

Thank God rj keeps his posts relatively short. Reading 7 of his posts in a row is just torture. The typos, omitted words, etc. are painful. rj, please take 10 seconds to read your posts; show some courtesy for the rest of us.

...The Danbce in 12/13, you will frget everything you have said anbd say,"you I really wanted to give him a chance."

Thank God rj keeps his posts relatively short. Reading 7 of his posts in a row is just torture. The typos, omitted words, etc. are painful. rj, please take 10 seconds to read your posts; show some courtesy for the rest of us.

...The Danbce in 12/13, you will frget everything you have said anbd say,"you I really wanted to give him a chance."

That was something for YEARS ago...

There is no red squiggly line on a phone or tablet. I wonder how many people on here still post old school on PC's.

I haven't been shown that he can't win a post-season tourney in the WAC or CUSA. Just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it won't. In fact, he got quite close this year. It's not the least bit sound to decide whether one coach is better than another based on a single 9 point game. Was [Redacted] a better coach than Skip? [Redacted]'s owns the head to head, and the margin was quite a bit higher too.

If Manning can't win more than 18 games in the regular season in CUSA, what can you expect in the ACC against Pitino, K, boeheim, Forest, Bennett, et al?

I am with RJ in all this. I am not saying for sure that manning is def. better than White. But most of the White supporters act like he is without a doubt better than Manning. Everyone that supports White points to strictly his improvement in wins per year over 4 years. Over the 2 years, Danny Manning has improved in wins each year. I mean I get that people like White strictly because he had 4 years in which his teams got better every single year but so did Mannings.

Manning has made the NCAA's and won a conference tournament when White's did not. Does that make Manning better than White? Who knows but what I do know is their resumes are similar but I do not understand this distinct "White has proven to be better" point of view.

And Mannings team didn't just miraculously win 3 games in a row to get to the dance this year. His team won 8 in a row to end the season, 17 of their last 20 after the new year. They did tie for the conference regular season title.

Much prefer Manning's experience at Kansas over White's run at Ole Miss when they didn't even make the NCAA tournament once. A banner year for them was losing to Clemson in the NIT... Manning was busy coaching big men to Final Fours.

Much prefer Manning's experience at Kansas over White's run at Ole Miss when they didn't even make the NCAA tournament once. A banner year for them was losing to Clemson in the NIT... Manning was busy coaching big men to Final Fours.

BINGO.....

And Tennessee hires Donnie Tyndall as head BB coach. Two years HC at Southern Miss and six years at Morehead State (his alma mater).

I'm done with you.

My position is credible. Your position is credible. Agree to disagree. But don't call me dishonest just because I don't agree with you.

Hi, you must be new around here. My name is Wrangor.

Marshall has hired Dan Dantoni, Mike's big brother, as HC. He's been assisting Mike for years after being a successful HS coach in Myrtle Beach. Has any other school ever hired a 66 YO HC without D-1 experience? We all know how much NBA coaching experience can be ( Sheldon: Sarcasm? Leonard: Yep). This could be a real disaster waiting to happen.

Back