• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Our Next BB Coach or #MannUp + other coach talk

I feel like all of this Amaker talk is distracting us from the guy we should be totes wooing.

masiello-e1372375653763.jpeg

BTW, Bill Belichick was a losing coach with the Cleveland Browns (36-44), and Coach K went 9-17 during his last year at Army. Some people develop professionally over time. Assuming a detailed vetting process (which may be assuming too much for a WF coaching search), Amaker's record at Michigan may be explainable by the sanctions that the NCAA imposed on Michigan when Amaker first took the job (Michigan faced a post-season ban over his first two years at Michigan due to transgressions that arose long before Michigan hired Amaker). BTW, I am not necessarily advocating for Tommy Amaker. Just identifying names that WF should consider. Stating the completely obvious, Amaker would be a massive upgrade over the current situation.

Funny, your argument sounds like the arguments we heard supporting the Bzthetic hire when it was made. No thanks. No re-treads this time. And that includes Howland, too.

ugh, Lonergan is a DONK and he's balding. Masiello is neither of those things

mike-lonergan.jpg

So "cool" is an important metric for the next hire?

Actually, to a degree I'd say yes. Wellman at least knew he needed to win the press conference when he hired Clawson. It's not going to be any different when he hires the next hoops coach.

Actually, to a degree I'd say yes. Wellman at least knew he needed to win the press conference when he hired Clawson. It's not going to be any different when he hires the next hoops coach.

Yes. A coach needs to be able to handle a press conference and generally interact with other adults withing appearing to be a total social misfit.

Are you saying Lonergan or Mike White can't handle a press conference? That to me is a job skill, not "cool".

wellman knew what he was getting when he hired bzz. he said in that first press conference that he was not trying to "win the press conference."

wellman knew what he was getting when he hired bzz. he said in that first press conference that he was not trying to "win the press conference."

Evidently he wasn't trying to win against Stetson either.

Back