• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Our Next BB Coach or #MannUp + other coach talk

Wow? I thought everyone knew this.

I think you probably give them a #1 seed, but it isn't a huge scandal if they don't get one. They aren't the same team they were last year.

Of course they're probably better, but we don't really know that given the weakness of their schedule.

I mean he's right. Making the final four doesn't even close to ensure you are one of the best four teams in a given year. Single elimination tournaments are random.

They should just start using computer and voting models, call it the BCS. Heard that turned out well.

Wow? I thought everyone knew this.

I think you probably give them a #1 seed, but it isn't a huge scandal if they don't get one. They aren't the same team they were last year.

Of course they're probably better, but we don't really know that given the weakness of their schedule.

Basically THIS team BEAT a #1 seed, BEAT a #2 seed and took the National Champion to the last tow possessions. They have more experience. Ran the table this year.

No team has that resume. Plus last year was a better year in college basketball.

GET BACK ON TOPIC OR YOU WILL FACE A THREE DAY SUSPENSION FROM THE BOARDS. NO FURTHER WARNING WILL BE GIVEN.

Since when is IAPP the board cop?

Mike White would get a #1 seed. :)

I know I am going to get killed for this... but isn't VCU's lack of offensive discipline concerning? I know that this is definately Shakas worst squad as far effective scoring team but man 280th in eFG%? STL is a good squad, but VCU seems to waste a ton of possessions.

I know I am going to get killed for this... but isn't VCU's lack of offensive discipline concerning? I know that this is definately Shakas worst squad as far effective scoring team but man 280th in eFG%? STL is a good squad, but VCU seems to waste a ton of possessions.

I've always thought Shaka's weakness was half court offense.

So next time Bz gets stumped, we can say he got beat like White on Rice.

This thread seems to have spiraled out of control. I'd love a condensed thread with a list of actual possible candidates in a list...Even the "long shots" that we have zero chance of getting.
I'm throwing Greg Lansing from Indiana State in the ring. He's done some nice things with a program that has seen very little success since Larry Bird in 1979. His teams play tough D and crash the boards. They will have made the post season in all 4 years of his coaching career at ISU. That accounts for 50% of their all time post season appearances, including Bird's time. Check them out if you get a chance.

It seems like GW is still on the right side of the bubble even after back to back losses this week. Dayton and La Tech are in the first four out / next four out range. You would have to think that making the tournament would really help any of these coaches chances.

GW plays at Richmond (who is right on bubble as well) at 7pm Tuesday on NBCSN. Dayton plays at 9pm Wednesday vs LaSalle on CBSSN if anyone wants to watch some potential candidates.

Back