• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Outgoing NY Times Editor admits to liberal bias

I'm hearing that Red Sox fans don't like the Yankees.

I would hope you are smart enough to know how silly your analogy is, but since I know otherwise, let me tell you so that you don't willfully miss another obvious point:

Imagine if everyone on the YES Network cried and cried about how NESN was in the tank for the Sox, but refused to admit their own bias, and spoke perjoratively of the phantom of their "Pro-Yankee bias." When one of the YES Network guys finally cops to it, Red Sox fans would probably get a chuckle. Ergo...

Indeed, the fact that we've all known it the entire time makes the years of denial all the more amusing.

Last edited:
You just explained why this is such an utter non-story, regardless of which end of the political spectrum the particular media outlet may reside.

You just explained why this is such an utter non-story, regardless of which end of the political spectrum the particular media outlet may reside.

Right. I don't think its breaking news that there aren't many Paul Ryan fans at the NYT, but it is nice to see when people come clean.

94, give him back his nose...and stop taking quarters out of his ears.

PAID advertising isn't free speech...PAID=commerce....Four justices of the Supreme court agreed with me on the McCain case and on Citizens United that limits can be placed on it.

Oh yeah, I heard Prince Harry likes to play strip pool.

Wouldn't we all be better off if all news media would just admit their biases instead of pretending to be "fair and balanced'?

I wonder about this too. One problem is that people will self-select as conservative or liberal and pretty much tune out anything that doesn't fit their preexisting world view. It will just make the already wide chasm between right and wrong even greater. That already goes on to a degree but I don't think its as bad as it would be if everything were either right or left. As it stands now, I won't read the NYT, but I will listen to NPR (albeit with a grain of salt).

Once again everyone is wrong and Junebug is right.....

You've united all sides of the board on this thread. Of coruse they are all against you, but it is difficult to do.

Back