• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Parallel Coaching Searches? (AKA the BC search)

He's totally FOS.

In horse racing handicapping, if a horse has an uncharacteristically bad race, you "put a line through it". That means you disregard it. That's what should with past four years of Wake bball.

If you do that our results are in the top group and much better than UVA.

The coach before Skip had more success here than he did. And Skip inherited a team with two NBA players. This is a pretty good job.

If this was one of the worst jobs in the ACC coming off 10 straight postseason bids, then I will eat my hat.

I think the fact that Wake Forest is traditionally a good basketball program makes some people mad. They see that Wake is a small university in a state in that contains two of the sport's biggest powers and just simply cannot understand why Wake has the history that it does.

I think the fact that Wake Forest is traditionally a good basketball program makes some people mad. They see that Wake is a small university in a state in that contains two of the sport's biggest powers and just simply cannot understand why Wake has the history that it does.

But it's NORTH CAROLINA! :)

But it's NORTH CAROLINA! :)

Yeah I know, but people are still going to have gripes. I think it also makes NC State fans angry that Wake Forest has a winning basketball tradition. NC State's fanbase is a great representative of the generic big state school fanbase. NC State fans like to play make believe that Wake Forest has the same tradition as a school like Clemson or Virginia Tech when that simply just isn't true.

I thought this was interesting. The guy that runs HoopDirt is currently down in Dallas for the Final Four and he had this to say about Jay Wright and the Boston College coaching search:

Story making the rounds here…Boston College was closer than anyone knew to landing Villanova’s Jay Wright. Apparently the BC administration never saw Jerry Maguire – “show me the money!”

Dang....how close was Wake ???

Back