• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pearl Under Consideration for Auburn Position

wakedeac98 -

This is the problem is giving one person absolute authority and decision making. He really answers to no one. There are essentially no checks and balances at Wake. No second set of eyes on issues to help trouble shoot and problem solve. The problem is compounded given the one person with complete power thinks they are the smartest person in the room and beyond reproach. He is so entrenched in that position coupled with a weak BOT and a president that doesn't really care about athletics that nothing is changing soon.

Duane: Can I confess something? I tell you this as an artist, I think you'll understand. Sometimes when I'm driving... on the road at night... I see two headlights coming toward me. Fast. I have this sudden impulse to turn the wheel quickly, head-on into the oncoming car. I can anticipate the explosion. The sound of shattering glass. The... flames rising out of the flowing gasoline.

Alvy Singer: Right. Well, I have to - I have to go now, Duane, because I, I'm due back on the planet Earth.

:willynilly:

Not saying I want Pearl, but Auburn has set a bar that Wellman certainly can fall short of. If we end up with [Redacted] or Turner, it will be a complete failure.

Pearl: " You should know I've had 3 felony arrests and slept with 9 cheerleaders. "

Auburn: " Whew....if you'd have said 4 felony arrests we'd have had a problem. Sign here. "

Gary Parrish ‏@GaryParrishCBS 1m
Auburn has reached an agreement with Bruce Pearl. He will be the Tigers’ next basketball coach, a source told @CBSSports.

Mark my words, he'll win like Cliff Ellis did at Auburn or bigger. Sure there's no much oversight but I doubt he gets in trouble again. The man can both coach and recruit.

End of an era. Outpouring of emotion felt across the world. It's like hurricane Katrina after the levees broke. The draught that has swept the Sudan. Children in Costa Rica are simply looking to the skies and asking why. A plague. But fear not. With my #moxy and #swagger I will return this once proud program to its rightful place atop the glitterati of the international jet set. Furthermore I have no idea what blasphemy liquid karma is insinuating. Go find a donut to eat or something. I can't and will not be silenced!

Maybe Bz could replace Pearl @ ESPN. Just a suggestion...

Back