• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pence Used Private Email Server as Governor

This is also a guy who lied about his stance on Civil Rights. One of his first acts as AG was to support the voter suppression law in TX. He was also a big supporter of the dozens of other voter suppression laws. Remember he did accuse black voter registration leaders in AL of voter fraud in the 80s and lost in court with an all white jury in AL.

He hasn't changed at all. It's a disgrace and national embarrassment that this man is AG. Hell, it's a disgrace that he could be named dog catcher.

Guys, I've been thinking about and I think I figured out the difference. You see, Mike Pence is a Republican and he loves America, whereas Hillary is a Democrat and by definition hates the country. Therefore he is allowed to criticize her while doing some pretty similar and we are commie loving/hating (I can't keep that straight anymore) for mocking Pence's (non)hypocrisy. Hopefully that clears it up.

Guys, I've been thinking about and I think I figured out the difference. You see, Mike Pence is a Republican and he loves America, whereas Hillary is a Democrat and by definition hates the country. Therefore he is allowed to criticize her while doing some pretty similar and we are commie loving/hating (I can't keep that straight anymore) for mocking Pence's (non)hypocrisy. Hopefully that clears it up.

You're right if a Republican allows his email account to be hacked and that account has correspondence about how America protects itself against ISIS attacks, it's no big deal. But knowing Leon Panetta's risotto recipes could upset the balance of power in the world and are fair game.

Partly what bothered people about the Clinton server was how blatantly obvious it was that the only purpose was to get around FOIA and how weak her excuses were. This is a little different in that regard as I could actually believe that Pence continued to use the AOL address out of sheer laziness. So it looks to me like the motive was clearly different.

Additionally, let's not pretend that a midwestern governor getting his email hacked is remotely as dangerous as the Secretary of State getting her email hacked. It's bad practice sure, but the potential repercussions are not nearly as significant.

To defend Pence further, .gov (or .indiana) are not to be used for political activities, so a politician needs a separate email account to campaign, fundraiser, strategize, etc. Having said that, he was using the AOL account, at least in part, for government business. Which he himself has said should never be done.

Last edited:
Back