• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

PFred PFan Club - Open Enrollment

I mean, he's definitely a good shooter in certain situations. But considering we were in desperate need of someone to fill even 25% of Monsanto's production after he left the team and Parker completely fell apart offensively... Pressure situations might not be one of them. Really disappointing. And it's not like he was missing tough shots - wide open look after wide open look.

If you didn't know anything about parker and you saw him shoot a couple of threes, you might think to yourself, "that kid's shooting stance is jacked up". I put that aside when he was hitting some shots in the middle of the season, but he had two different stretches this year where he struggled with his shot and struggled is an understatement for the past 5 or so games. I don't know. He has some pretty big questions about him next year . I think he figures it out and becomes a real player for us, but its not a lock.

He looked like the most composed player on the team @ Dook and his defense improved as the year went on. I think a shooting slump his freshman season is not that big of a deal.

I'd think shooting is the one thing that should translate pretty immediately.

Coach labeled him as the best shoot he has ever recruited. He sure has seen him play a lot more than any of us, so will hope it is true and he just hit a freshman wall.

The thing for me is that for most of the season, including his early cold spell, I saw multiple people pointing out that even when he missed they were all half way down and back out again and they'd start dropping eventually. Towards the end of the season that was no longer the case, he was throwing up some b r i c k s.

For me that would suggest he either started feeling the pressure as we got to the business end of the season or he was just starting to get fatigued at the end of his first season playing at this level. If either of those are the actual reason for his poor shooting to end the season then another year of experience should hopefully sort it out. Parker's clearly a very talented shooter/player, a bad stretch at an admittedly very bad time doesn't change that imo.

I mean, he's definitely a good shooter in certain situations. But considering we were in desperate need of someone to fill even 25% of Monsanto's production after he left the team and Parker completely fell apart offensively... Pressure situations might not be one of them. Really disappointing. And it's not like he was missing tough shots - wide open look after wide open look.
guessing it got in his head that he was now thought of as our assassin shooter after Monsanto left

guessing it got in his head that he was now thought of as our assassin shooter after Monsanto left
Pure speculation but it might have helped if Monsanto has stayed engaged and, you know, on the team to support and mentor him over the last couple of weeks....

Parker's late-season shooting slump was exacerbated by Monsanto slumping, then leaving, and Sallis shooting 11-38 (28.9%) from deep over our last 8 games, after shooting 43.5% for the first 27 games

As a team, WF shot 31% from 3 after the Duke win. 37.7% through the Duke win.

Pfred will be fine. Let's worry about how to replace the two or three other guys the board thinks will be stone-cold mortal locks to return and who announce their departures in a few weeks. Because we all know that's happening.

Back