• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Picasso's = Sutton House?

giDEACon

Reaction score
Any QC Deacs know the scoop on this? I was driving by East Blvd the other day and saw new signage. I know it used to be a pretty popular place and there were several game watching parties that various posters would put together there years ago. I quit going there because it seemed like we always lost.

Yeah, I saw that a couple of weeks ago. I watched the Butler game there. Honestly I never really cared for the class of people that place attracts. I know that sounds elitist, but I was never impressed with the regulars in that place on a random weeknight when I would go in to watch a little bit of a game or pick up some wings.

I always liked it as Dilworth Brewery though.

I was there about a month ago and the waitress said the owners sold that one and are keeping the other two (downtown and university), but wouldn't license the name to the new owners, who wanted to keep it as Picassos. She said the menu and everything but the name will stay the same. Picasso's had been there for a long time so that kind of sucks, plus Sutton House is a stupid ass name. They should have just called it Ricassos and painted a line on the P. And I agree with you, it did seem like we always lost if I watched there.

FWIW the new place had the same awesome pepperoni rolls when I was there.

New owner is from Winston-Salem originally (FCDS grad) and went to Johnson & Wales. Pretty sure he has already put a lot of money into better TVs and cleaning it up some. I think it'll be a lot better than it used to be.

The definitely needed to upgrade to keep up with East Blvd Bar & Grill. The problem with that place though is average food and slow service from fat waitresses.

Yeah, it does, but it's at least decent inside, but the place survived for decades on its regulars in a crap location. They used to have a big blowout college night at the old place. Their bartender is lame as hell.

Just go down to Big Daddy's instead

Do the women have to look like ones in his paintings?

Good to hear the pizza rolls are still on the menu. I wonder if the new owners will try to lease any parking from the deck. I know that was a big stink when that building went up. Maybe the W-S ties will make it more WF friendly? For whatever reason I always wanted to patronize the place but just never felt welcome. Maybe it was the other clientele HP is talking about. Unfortunately I don't get out to the bars as much as I used to (and lets be honest, this last year was just downright depressing to be in public).

Do the women have to look like ones in his paintings?

Well, no, but we always wondered why Picasso's didn't have hotter waitresses. Great food and service (for a bar), but the talent level was always lacking, excpet for a few rare exceptions. A few more cute waitresses would have put that place over the top.

Good to hear the pizza rolls are still on the menu. I wonder if the new owners will try to lease any parking from the deck. I know that was a big stink when that building went up. Maybe the W-S ties will make it more WF friendly? For whatever reason I always wanted to patronize the place but just never felt welcome. Maybe it was the other clientele HP is talking about. Unfortunately I don't get out to the bars as much as I used to (and lets be honest, this last year was just downright depressing to be in public).

I like and expect a little bit of seedy clientele when I'm at a bar. Birds of a feather perhaps. Parking there does suck. Unless I see an easy spot on the way in I always just use the deck and never had any issues, but I only go there about once a month, maybe a little more in football season.

Back