• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pinstripe Bowl vs Michigan State

Since we lost, the ACC can say just kidding on that two win FCS exclusion for 8 wins, right? It’s kinda sorta back in play (but not in writing)?

Military Bowl is now a possibility for Wake if Miami beats Duke. But even if Miami wins, there are plenty of scenarios that would keep Wake in the Tier 1 bowls.

We have gotten pretty fortunate the last few years with getting a better bowl placement than expected. Currie will have some work to do to lobby for us.

I thought we looked similar today in terms of focus and execution to the sleepwalking loss against Duke to end the ‘17 season. If memory serves, going into that game our staff knew that we were essentially locked into the Belk Bowl. Made me wonder if something similar happened today—did we know we were going to a particular destination regardless of today’s result? Could be an explanation for the avalanche of mental mistakes.

I thought we looked similar today in terms of focus and execution to the sleepwalking loss against Duke to end the ‘17 season. If memory serves, going into that game our staff knew that we were essentially locked into the Belk Bowl. Made me wonder if something similar happened today—did we know we were going to a particular destination regardless of today’s result? Could be an explanation for the avalanche of mental mistakes.

Until yesterday the rumored word in the athletic department was we were Pinstripe bound.

I don’t think it’s possible for us to fall to the gaspiralla bowl, since that is below tier 2. We can be bumped from tier 1 but I don’t think there are enough 7 win teams to bump us from tier 2 as well.

I don’t think it’s possible for us to fall to the gaspiralla bowl, since that is below tier 2. We can be bumped from tier 1 but I don’t think there are enough 7 win teams to bump us from tier 2 as well.

Oh damn I misread and thought Gasparilla was tier 2.

I guess pinstripe vs Indiana. Meh. Sucks because this season could’ve been special.

I guess pinstripe vs Indiana. Meh. Sucks because this season could’ve been special.

Especially since we’re coming off a series with them a few years ago. No offense to them, they’d feel the same way I’m sure.

I don't think that we will fall below Tier 1. Since the ACC works with it's bowl partners to ensure that the match-ups equally benefit the schools and the bowls, I don't see the ACC letting one of the season long best teams end up in a lower bowl. And all season we were one of the top 4 ACC teams.

Pinstripe or Sun. The big difference that losing today made was it pretty much eliminated us from Camping World Bowl. Unless the SEC ends up with 2 teams in the CFP and the Big 10 becomes the opponent in the Orange Bowl. Then that opens up the Citrus Bowl to take ND and the Camping World passes on VT since they were just there two years ago.

Back