• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Book/Discussion Thread

if pressed I probably go Redwall. I read Watership Down because I was way into the Redwall series. It honestly makes me sad that Jacques’ books aren’t on shelves at B&N but I guess there’s other stuff for young people. Martin the Warrior on my third grade teacher’s bookshelf was a game changer. I honestly only think she had it cause her last name was Martin. But I loved it. Currently listening to book 4 of Stormlight Archive by Brandon Sanderson

if pressed I probably go Redwall. I read Watership Down because I was way into the Redwall series. It honestly makes me sad that Jacques’ books aren’t on shelves at B&N but I guess there’s other stuff for young people. Martin the Warrior on my third grade teacher’s bookshelf was a game changer. I honestly only think she had it cause her last name was Martin. But I loved it. Currently listening to book 4 of Stormlight Archive by Brandon Sanderson
I’ve been trying to get all the Redwall books in hardcover so I’ll have them on my shelf for my boys and it is harder than I thought it would be.

Took me three tries to find redwall at B&N this Christmas. It was in adult fantasy for some reason. They only had two titles though. Really want to get my third grade daughter into redwall

I just recently finished The Prince of Tides and my first thought on finishing was that now the end of the simpsons episode where Marge has a fear of flying makes a lot more sense. But yeah otherwise that was a really good book.

I just recently finished The Prince of Tides and my first thought on finishing was that now the end of the simpsons episode where Marge has a fear of flying makes a lot more sense. But yeah otherwise that was a really good book.
I'm a big fan of Pat Conroy. I believe Prince of Tides was the first book of his that I read. I would rank it behind Lords of Discipline and the Great Santini. Not as big a fan of Beach Music or South of Broad. His autobiographical My Losing Season and Death of Santini are also a great reads, especially My Losing Season.

i rocked with redwall and read a few in the series, but my brother was obsessed and read them all

currently reading The Things They Carried -- very good so far, Tim O'Brien writes well

Reading Fight Songs By Ed Southern and being somebody from Winston-Salem who dates a girl who went to Clemson and has a large SEC contingent in her family, it's wild how many of his words ring true to my personal experiences.

Just finished Chain Gang All-stars and damn that was amazing. Incredible satire that highlights the humanity of those we deem criminals without minimizing their offense, the brutality of of the Justice/carceral system, and an invitation to dream about what a truly free society could look like through abolition.

Highly recommend!

Loved the book. Thought the movie was excellent too.

Loved the book. Thought the movie was excellent too.
I liked the movie version of Prince of Tides. But I thought it made the love story between Tom and Lowenstein the focus at the expense of the Wingo family story which was really the main story of the book.

Back