• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Beer Thread

So I'm at 999 distinct beers on untappd. Realized I missed one of the beers I drank last night, but then it feels like #1000 should be a special beer. Or maybe I should go get a 40oz of something trashy and check that instead. Hmmm.

dec6cd6583b87682a12bc71ecea05a05.jpg

Anyone had anything by Adroit Theory? Another one added to the list is Imagination Atrophy (milk stout)

I've had some hit and miss with Hardywood but generally a solid hit - looking forward to Trickery. Someone brought me a few crowlers from Answer in Richmond (an all mosaic IPA and an all Citra DIPA) and they were top notch.

The NoDa Montroso you referenced earlier was just good in my opinion compared to the others you will be sampling.

Anyone had anything by Adroit Theory? Another one added to the list is Imagination Atrophy (milk stout)

I've had some hit and miss with Hardywood but generally a solid hit - looking forward to Trickery. Someone brought me a few crowlers from Answer in Richmond (an all mosaic IPA and an all Citra DIPA) and they were top notch.

We visited Answer our last trip through Richmond and not only was the beer & beer selection excellent, but the Vietnamese food was delicious!

We visited Answer our last trip through Richmond and not only was the beer & beer selection excellent, but the Vietnamese food was delicious!

Yes! I was there on Sunday on my way back from DC. Only the second time I'd been to Answer/Mekong, but I try to stop every time through Richmond.

Had saved a couple bottles of last year's Cold Mountain release to taste against this year's, since they make subtle changes to the recipe each year. This year's is better IMO. Little more vanilla, less coffee/chocolate and a bit smoother.

I can see why those who only drink/prefer really hoppy beers wouldn't really like it, but man is CM one of my favorite beers. And the hunt for it makes it taste even better.

yeah. they made an imperial this year, but I think it's only at the brewery and prob gone already.

Doesn't really seem like a good beer to cellar. Like 5%, right?

Probably not the best, but it was in a cool dark garage, so I figured it couldn't hurt too much. Tasted about like I remembered it.

Any other recs for holiday beers? Great Lakes Christmas Ale and Olde Mecklenberg's Yule Bock are two of my other favorites.

I might have some Cold Mountain still in my beer stash in the basement. I guess I should try to find the 2016 batch. It's good, but I'm not going to go hunting for it. Stella Brew posted a big stack of it a couple days ago so hopefully that's not all gone yet.

Doesn't really seem like a good beer to cellar. Like 5%, right?

Did a 4 year vertical of Cold Mountain back in 2014 at a bottle share party (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013). Cellared really well. It was very interesting to taste the subtle changes as it ages. Of those 4 years, the 2011 was my favorite - slightly sweeter with more vanilla. I think my husband has 2012, 2013, 2014, and now 2016. We missed out grabbing last year's.

Probably not the best, but it was in a cool dark garage, so I figured it couldn't hurt too much. Tasted about like I remembered it.

Any other recs for holiday beers? Great Lakes Christmas Ale and Olde Mecklenberg's Yule Bock are two of my other favorites.

Avery Jubilation is the best

Scrumpys Solstice Cider

So I finally opened one of the Cold Mtns and I think it's not as good as past years (but still really good).

Anyone else going to sourfest in CLT tomorrow?

Sounds like a good line up, really looking forward to it.

Highland brewery is doing a tap takeover in good ole Wiltson tomorrow. They will have 20 brews on tap including the imperial cold mountain. Any others I should definitely try or get a growler of? I'm not super familiar with them. Thanks.

Back