• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Beer Thread

so we're bringing a bunch of Asheville beer to Thanksgiving this weekend. going to transport it in a cooler with no ice (it's been in my fridge since we bought it). staying at the in-laws tonight as a stopover, and it should get below freezing overnight. will it freeze in the cooler if left in the car or should I bring the cooler inside? wondering if the cooler will be enough of an insulator to just maintain the fridge-cool temp or thereabouts.

Picked up Mandarina cans because you guys were chatting about it: very nice, good call!

Natty's Mt. Mitchell on the other hand, super bitter. Not my bag.

bringing some Mandarina up to DC this week. one of my favorites.

We had a good time trying Highland's stuff but we missed out on the imperial Cold Mountain. The bar wasn't serving it until 5pm and we had to leave for a party before then. Took a growler of the Mandarina with us though.

A few bottle shops got some in. I had a pint on draft yesterday. Very smooth (tasted almost exactly like the regular version, IMO. Very nice at 8%

just stopped by bestway in greensboro - they have Imperial Cold Mtn available in growlers. I would have gotten one but leaving town tomorrow and didn't want to let it sit.

They also have Pisgah Mountain County (bombers) which is delicious

I've never had anything from Southern Pines that has blown me away. Until I had their Drunken Vigils. Wow. Great, smooth beer.

Had a Hardywood Gingerbread Stout on draft earlier today and a second one now.

#blessed

I've never had anything from Southern Pines that has blown me away. Until I had their Drunken Vigils. Wow. Great, smooth beer.

That's a good one. I was a fan of Stay Grounded. Wasn't "blown away" but was very enjoyable.

Week one of the 2016 Beer Advent calendar that my wife put together for me. This year, with the move to Denver she went with mostly CO beers:

c365a2335945b88e6461287294528e4e.jpg

Last edited:
The bookends are not, but the rest are from CO.

Mostly CO beers ;)

good catch on the FW - I know they're CA based. I didn't look close enough at the stout when I took the picture, but it clearly says Sante Fe brewing. I think there are a couple of NM beers.

Mostly CO beers ;)

good catch on the FW - I know they're CA based. I didn't look close enough at the stout when I took the picture, but it clearly says Sante Fe brewing. I think there are a couple of NM beers.

IPA iterations from Firestone are always great. Santa Fe's one offs are pretty legit too, and the Imperial Java is tasty.

Headed through Asheville later next week, will probably be there for around 5 hours max. Which breweries do y'all recommend we hit? I assume no tours because of the time constraint?

Go to South Slope and hit some combo of Burial, Brahmari, Hi Wire, Twin Leaf, Wicked Weed, Funkatorium (if you like sours), Asheville Brewing, Catawba. All within a few blocks of each other.

Back