• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Bosses: What's the best way to ask for a raise?

Well whatever you do, don't let your boss know you're a soccer fan.

show specific ways you saved and/or made lots of $$$ for your dept

just whip out your dong (well, fluff it up a little first, if necessary) and put it right on his or her desk

Go on an interview and get an offer from another company; come back and see if your boss counters; if not, then leave for the new job.

Know what you do and what it's worth, what other people are paying and present that
If you have a reasonable argument then it's hard for a decent boss to overlook that, but no one worth his salt is going to just give you a raise because you asked for it. (i.e. you have to justify it to them)

Just did this and was totally blown away with the results.

I went in with three talking points. Got to point 2 before boss was like: "agree totally, go back to work. You'll have a raise on your next paycheck."

I was looking for something in the low four digit range. I got medium five digits. Obviously, I have no idea what my time is worth.

so you walked in and got a $10k+ raise? wtf were you doing before then, sucker?

I was looking for something in the low four digit range. I got medium five digits. Obviously, I have no idea what my time is worth.

4 digits: $1000-$9999
5 digits: $10000-$99999

Did you go in asking for a $3-4k raise and ended up with a $50k raise?

Must've been one hell of a blowjob.

Talking Point 1 - unzip his pants

Talking Point 2 - mouth on cock

What was Talking Point 3, you bending over? If you were that underpaid, he already had you bent over.

Just did this and was totally blown away with the results.

I went in with three talking points. Got to point 2 before boss was like: "agree totally, go back to work. You'll have a raise on your next paycheck."

It's possible Knight's boss was female.

carrie-fisher-legit-FX-jim-jefferies.jpg

Hopefully there are some Legit fans on here.

my guess is that knight meant that he was looking for a raise in the $4,000-4,250 range and ended up in the $5,400-5,600 range

my guess is that knight meant that he was looking for a raise in the $4,000-4,250 range and ended up in the $5,400-5,600 range

if that's the case, then maybe the extra $$ was for remedial number identification classes

i just got my yearly raise. was less than impressed. as a consultant my value is essentially my billable time. my plan is to present them with my revenue generation last year, my salary+bonus, and offer to work as a subcontractor. i work from home, can get on my wife's benefits, etc. the only downside i see is a decrease in billable time as fixed cost consultants free up time. but hell id be fine billing 1500 hours instead of 2000.

Back