• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit need help Buying a TV Tomorrow

Deacon511

Reaction score
I am purchasing a Tv tomorrow I am torn between 2 the 7000 series 3D smart tv from Samsung. Or LG comparable model. I have one salesman tell me the Samsung is the way to go and one salesman tell me the LG is the way to go. Both have confused the he'll out of me. Have any of you had experience with any of these tv's?

Last edited:
Sharp and LG are both nice brands. You can't really go wrong with either.

Salespeople suck.

I've got a 50" LG plasma that's about 4-5 years old. I had a problem with the power converter while it was still under warranty and I have to say LG did a great job. They had a service tech come to my house, pick up the TV, repair it, and return it. Not a problem since. I know fuck ups happen so I don't get pissed when it does- I get pissed when a company fucks up making it right. If you do right in correcting the problem, you'll probably keep me as a customer.

I also have a high-end LG washer/dryer (with three females in my house, there's a lot of damn laundry being done). Had those about 6 years and haven't had a single problem with them. LG is a good brand in my book.

I would go with LG. I bought an internet connectable Samsung TV and an internet connectable 3D Blu Ray player from Samsung - their are both atrocious at connecting and keeping an internet connection. I have talked with other people who have had the same problem - I took my Blu Ray player back and got a Sony.

Not saying this will happen with yours - but you might want to ask the sales guy if they have heard of this being an issue (I bought mine a year and half ago).

The Samsung is widely regarded as the superior set between those two, I believe.

I have both a Samsung and an LG, and I really think they are pretty much identical. The Samsung may be a little crisper, but they are both nice TVs.

Why such a tight timeline for buying a tv? Is someone holding a gun to your head saying that you have 24 hours to buy a tv or we're going to blow your brains out. Are you dying to watch your DVR of The Voice?

Back